New Style Resonators..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
FTEDiesel.com FTEDiesel.com

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Style Resonators.....

Guys, we have been getting alot of questions regarding this resonator. We made up some drawings today to answer the dimensions questions.

NEW Style Resonators / Mufflers Available...
We have sold over 100 Huspower Mufflers here on the Internet, and not one dissatisfied customer. The fact still remains that this beauty of a muffler is quite expensive, and does not fit everyone's program.

FTE Diesel now has a new style of resonator / muffler for the diesel enthusiast. This unit is available in 4" and 5" and is affordable. We have tested this unit on many trucks so far....
  • 2005 Dodge CR with 5" Straight Pipe
  • 1999 Ford 7.3 Liter 5" Straight Pipe
  • 2005 Ford 6.0 with 5" Straight Pipe
  • 2007 Ford 6.0 with 5" Straight Pipe to Single 7" Stack
  • 2001 Dodge 24V with 4" Straight To Stacks
  • 1997 Dodge 12V with 4" to single 7" Stack
  • 2003 Durasnack with 5" Straight Pipe
All test trucks had a drone at highway cruise speed, this was the target. The 2005 Dodge CR was a customer living in an apartment complex who has upset neighbors.

One of the biggest issues with resonators is that they commonly use a batting material to deaden sound, as exhaust heat flows through them that material breaks down over time and the effectiveness is reduced / lost.

Our new designed resonator is a solid piece, it uses a corkscrew design which passes half of the exhaust straight through and the other half around the screw (twice the distance). No degregation of performance over time since this piece is made of steel and no Batting or fluff is used. There is very little backpressure, no significant egt gain, and the noise cancellation properties are awesome. It is not the Hushpower muffler, but it is the next best thing.
  • Easy install, eliminates drone
  • Fits any system, 5" Diameter with 12" Body
  • Solid 14 Gauge Aluminized Construction
  • Inexpensive compared to other options
In the test trucks above, all customers gladly paid retail after the tests. The Apartment neighbors claimed that the idle and warm up period of said customers truck was greatly improved once this unit was installed. Performance and solid Tone were still totally available.

Bottom line, if your on a budget or too cool to install a muffler FTE Diesel is looking for cost effective solutions to improve your ownership experience of your Diesel Powered Truck.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Guys, these are Great for Straight Pipe Kits..... I'd be willing to do a test sale with someone that has an 03-04 6.0 liter straight pipe to get sound clip of before and after. see what this thing does to the F-16 sound
Old 08-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

see a video write up of this resonator here
Old 08-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
where does it mount in place of?? the factory muffler? what is the cost?? i may be willing..
Old 08-21-2009, 07:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
where does it mount in place of?? the factory muffler? what is the cost?? i may be willing..
It can mount anywhere you want to install it... It is shorter than most mufflers, so it's not really gonna be a direct replacement.

This is an awesome piece if you have a straight pipe and the truck is a little too much in the cab.... we also package them with Stack kits regularly.

Cost.... I will send you a PM
Old 05-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We now have a new version that is 30" Long and will replace most aftermarket mufflers and muffler delete pipes
Old 07-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAcktheBear3 View Post
We now have a new version that is 30" Long and will replace most aftermarket mufflers and muffler delete pipes
Bump to the top
Old 09-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Wanted to let you know that I installed a 17" resonator on my ride. The shipping was extremely fast and installation was very straight forward. I cut my muffler delete pipe and put it in its place. Still have the whistle and rumble but absolutely no drone while towing. Thanks for a great product!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank'daTank View Post
Wanted to let you know that I installed a 17" resonator on my ride. The shipping was extremely fast and installation was very straight forward. I cut my muffler delete pipe and put it in its place. Still have the whistle and rumble but absolutely no drone while towing. Thanks for a great product!
Thanks for the post, this product is basically the rock solid solution to cab noise.... We are glad you have a smile on!

There are over 500 of these units sold and there has yet to be an unsatisfied customer I believe we would put this product up against any of the big name solutions out there, the value is huge.... Low Price with Big Results.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Bump to the Top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.