bronco lift kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ford Gassers A Place for Diesel nuts to discuss Ford Gasoline powered vehicles!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bronco lift kit

i have a 1990 bronco, i want to put a 6" lift on it. well i been lookin on four wheel parts at the skyjacker or superlift basic kit. any opinion on these lifts, is there a better place to get these lifts from??? i never dealed with them so i am just wounderin. i have 33X10.5 and i am going to get some 35X12.5...thats the biggest tire ya can run with this lift but i do have the motor to turn them. i got the 351 with a bunch of go fast goodies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2009, 08:17 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I liked my sky jacker on my 82 half ton. 6 inch all spring. It rode good and flexed prety good too. def go with a long travel radius arm kit up front. youll have to have your drive shafts lengthened. I sugest going with 4.56 gears to turn 35's in your gasser. Id also go with lockers while you have the cases opened up. have fun and happy wheelin.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:06 PM

i was woundering if i had to do anything to the drive shafts...i am planning on gearing down but i shouldnt have to jack with the drive shafts with a four inch lift right. i bet longer drive shafts aint cheap then again if ya wanna play ya have to pay.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:47 PM

You don't need to lengthen your drive shafts for a 4" or 6". Only when you go to an 8", do you have to lengthen your shaft. But I wouldn't recommend an 8", it puts entirely too much stress on the stock TTB(twin traction beam suspension). Like mentioned above, get the extended rad arms and an AAL or new rear springs. NO BLOCKS! Go with the sky 6" and 35's and you'll be happy. And since you have the E4OD, go with 4.88's, you won't regret the power. You can still stroll at 70mph and turn about 2700rpms.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:50 PM
It'll buff out!

Send a message via Yahoo to TuRBoWHiNe
6"

You could also look at somebody like Camburg or Autofab for that vehicle. They do custom Beams so you don't have to use all that drop bracketry(less to break). They are kind of expensive, but they both get like 16-20 inches of travel easily. A google search of Camburg will show you, also look at Autofab Offroad Trucks.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRBoWHiNe View Post
You could also look at somebody like Camburg or Autofab for that vehicle. They do custom Beams so you don't have to use all that drop bracketry(less to break). They are kind of expensive, but they both get like 16-20 inches of travel easily. A google search of Camburg will show you, also look at Autofab Offroad Trucks.
Definitely ^^^^ if you have the cash but these aren't the cheapest. If your just wanting a little height and some off road fun, sky or superlift will be plenty enough for you.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:49 PM

thanks for the link i been looking for a solution for my tailgate...pos got some cancer on it and its a little bent. i like that fiberglass one but 850 is a little steep but i have yet to find one that aint rusted or bent. so it would be in my best interest to spend the extra $$$ on the stage two kit instead of the stage one kit that just has springs and drop bracket.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:18 AM

Try this forum out: FullSizeBronco.com - 78 - 96 Ford Bronco forums, tech, installs and more.

I've been a member over there for 3 years. Great group of people and even better information....not unlike this forum.

But search before you ask! They can get grumpy.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:22 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
I like the sky jacker lift for that year truck.

Contact jeffs broncograveyard. They have all the parts you need.

Early Bronco Restoration Full Size Bronco Restoration Classic Ford Bronco Parts For Sale
Old 05-27-2009, 03:39 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
on my bronco the 4 inch lift I had no problems w the dirve shaft length but I snapped u joints oll the time, w my 6 inch lift I pulled the rear shaft appart twice and the front apart once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.