Any full size Bronco experts on here? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ford Gassers A Place for Diesel nuts to discuss Ford Gasoline powered vehicles!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any full size Bronco experts on here?

I am trying to sell my snowmobile and have a guy wanting to trade me his '93 Bronco. I have always wanted a Bronco, but don't know a lot about the newer ones. Here is link to a story about the Bronco:

Planet 4x4 - Jarrods Big Bronco

Here is some more info that I got from him on it:

"I did the axles swap with the help of my buddy who owns a offroad fab shop. The Dana 60 is in there now. I also extended the radius 12" and boxed them in. It still has 4.10 gears in the axles and the factory limited slip in the rear. The front is open. I can't remember if the article said anything about the 5 speed swap. I had the whole parts truck when I put the 5 speed in. I also took out the push button t-case and swapped in a manual shift borg warner 1356 t-case. The motor, Body and frame have around 166,000 miles on them. I'm getting ready to put new axle seals in the front axle do to the fact they started leaking a couple weeks ago. the Bronco is very sound and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it cross county. The tires are about 1/2 tread with the spare being around 3/4 tread. To run the 15" rims I swapped over to chevy 3/4 ton brakes. I have driven this from Idaho to lake tahoe. The ride quality is excellent. It rides nicer then the Original TTB. The interior is in good shape, the driver seat has a tear from getting in and out. I'm selling it cause I have turned my interest to sandrails and snowmobiles."

Anyone have an opinion if this sounds like a pretty good setup? Anyone have an idea what it is worth?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

broncos are notorious for rust. other than that, and the normal 4wd suspension parts wearing out, i always liked the broncos.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Emergency Services

looks like a pretty sweet Bronco to me.
looks like he did everything right.
i say go for it!!
course i am not a snow mobiler and i would take another bronco (i have a 78) over a sled any day!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Oilfield Trash

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
so i own a bronco?????

it says jarrods bronco...

Old 12-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to yeehaw MN12
i had a bronco for over two years which i just sold in august wasnt anything that crazy but it did take a lot of abuse like off roading and towing way heavier then it was made too stuck a decent amount into fixing stupid stuff but besides that motor ran good and trans shifted ok (sliped when i bought the truck put lucas in it and it lasted 30k til the day i sold it) only thing i know is they rust like any ford truck and typical IFS bs but if the guy has swapped the front axle just hope they did it right same with the lift! looks like an ok trade to me
Old 12-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Broncos are bad a**. I would take a bronco over a sled any day, then again it never snows in Alabama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.