Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Crazy Pic!!

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  timezup4ucars 
#1 ·
With everyone in this area heading out to escape the storm (Gustav) I was out taking pics today. Being a firefighter, I will be weathering out the storm here but, everyone else, and I do mean everyone, is splitting. It's like a ghost town here now. Occasionally a cop or National Guard truck rolls by but that's about it. Anyway, I'm taking pics of some of the goings-on around here and this one took the cake. I thought you guys would get a kick out of it. I don't have any info on them (whether they were already broke down or what) but they definately had an adventure in front of them. That's how people end up getting caught in the storm.:doh: note: that's not some kind of hybrid short bed F250/350. It is indeed an F150.

Attachments

See less See more
#15 ·
:hehe: That's funny. I guess if you can't see or don't know the details, what I wrote sounds pretty F-ed up.:doh: Seriously though. They weren't a block from the Fire/Police station that was still manned. They weren't in harm's way,...yet. I couldn't of said the same for their truck and trailer since there was no one around to get any parts or labor from to fix it if it were broke.:dunno: But they could see shelter from where they were. Besides, they wouldn't of fit in the MINI Cooper with me, my wife and two kids.:rofl:

#4 ·
that poor truck!!! some people are so mean!!! LOL nothing like towing a 40 thousand dollar trailer with a 1500 dollar pickup.

#5 ·
looks like bad news waiting to happen

#11 ·
Could you imagine seeing that coming up hot in your rear view mirror as you brake on the interstate. I get the chills just thinking about it. And there insurance would probably tell them to pound sand if something broke and it cause an accident as they are oviously well outside their weight limits.

#13 ·
Looks like maybe he stopped to buy insurance! There are two of them in the background! :hehe: The gasser will pull it...may not stop it though. :dunno: The first thing to go will be the rear axles. I know....I used to pull a skid steer with a Ram 1500 4x4. I bought a lot of rear ends before I got my SD.

#14 ·
Those are the kinds of people that vote for Obama ..... uhhhh ... Its good enough!! :nod:

#17 ·
Big "NO GO" on the truck loan. :wall:
Mine was hooked up to my trailer in case it got REALLY bad here. My wife was gonna pull it out of harm's way and return with it so we'd have a place to live in case of total destruction of our home. I've been through that no place to live thing and it sux.:nod:

#18 ·
if its a 5 spd and the guy has the trailer brakes hooked up rite he might have a chance at stopping. im sure he must have a few springs and a set of air bags under that thing.. at least, i hope so. id b worried ab those lil universal joints and those passenger car tires on there.. the tire sidewall is way to weak to handle that kinda weight and abuse... resulting in a blowout from getting 2 hot...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.