351w ignition timing question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ford Gassers A Place for Diesel nuts to discuss Ford Gasoline powered vehicles!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
351w ignition timing question

1993 351w. trying to set ignition timing but I am unsure of where on the timing tab I should be lining up the TDC mark on the balancer. There is that sight hole and the edge that says "time" and in between a semi circle cut out. All three look like good suspects for lining up the mark.
I think it is the "sight hole" but unsure. I say that because today I found TDC on the #1 piston and the mark was lined up in the middle of that sight hole.
Is that where the timing mark "should" be? I haven't tried to fire it up yet because I need to go to bed. First time I have fired the engine since Ive owned the truck so I am anxious to get it going!

Thank you very much gents!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
On my 95 there was a pointer that hung over the crank, and timing was supposed to be at 10* before TDC iirc, shined a timing light while she was spinning and it was pretty obvious, but yours isn't running, I beleive there was a 0 and some tallies went in incriments of 5 iirc, good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.