Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Going in for surgery

2K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  farmboypowerstroke 
#1 ·
That's right going in for surgery. I've been having a cancer problem for a couple of years now and it's at the point if I don't take care of it soon it will become hard to cure. Well whats really going on is the work truck (88 F250) has some rust and it needs to be fixed. I found a proffessional body shop that is willing to do the work. A lot of people don't understand why I'm putting the time and money into this truck. Truth is I love this truck and can't stand to see it with this rust problem. It's gonna cost a pretty penny but someone out there needs to keep an old OBS nice and it just so happens I'm one of them. Truck goes in tomorrow and will be in the shop for 14 days. Well here are some pics of what the body shop is up against.
Above drivers side door

Above passanger door

Rear window

Behind the cab were the lumber rack hit the cab

The truck itself

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey man I know what you mean it is definitely worth it to keep those OBS trucks in good shape, I spent 6,000 in body work on my 86 F150 and not as much on my 95 cuase I did it myself so it isnt as good but eventually it will be done professionally. Good luck with all the body work Im sure it will turn out awesome!

#3 ·
thats the old old body style :D

#5 ·
I think my old 96 looks tougher than my 99 - the older ones do age better than other makes - Ford did a good job on styling - they dont really go out of style, just change.

#9 ·
Well I took the truck in this past monday and I went and looked at it today. The bed is off, all of the upper cab interior is off and all of the body work was done and it was getting ready for paint. Everything looks good and I can't really say "I can't wait till its done" for some reason. I'm still feeling a little bit of nervousness. It looks funny with the bed off.

#10 ·
Well went and looked at agian today and the truck is almost done but the bed still has some work and there is just a little bit of assembly and clean up in the cab. Everything looks good, paint matches pretty well. I'm glad the bed is off because it gave me a chance to look over the rear and I saw that the leafs were starting to slide so I'll be looking into re-aligning them.

#11 ·
Post pics after the cure! Old Fords are worth it!:thumb:

#16 ·
gotta do it ...its cheaper then a new truck and well ... a old truck is like a old pair of work boots fit right and are comfortable.. and breaking in a new pair/truck sucks...

#17 ·
I can't stand to see the truck like this so the rust has to go. The body shop only painted the cab and the color matches well but I'm gonna do some body work myself then take it back to get the rest of the truck painted in the next few months. It's getting costly But I have to do what I have to do. Some people can't figure Why I'm doing this but yet I think the same about them. Your the only other person besides me that figure the truck in this way its cheaper then a new truck

#18 ·
I've seen the work you've done to it and its a great looking truck and getting the rust fixed is a huge step to keeping her on the road for a long time! I've struggled with the spending more than its "worth" on my 91 Trans Am and soon to be my 82 Trans Am, but ya jst wanna take care of your metal babies and give them the best...

Its going to look great when you get it back - all the work you've done so far will look that much better!

#19 ·
Well I called the body shop yesterday and asked about the truck because I heard it was going to get out this past friday or monday but didn't hear anything from them. Well turns out they are waiting for the rear window seal and once they get that installed they are going to clean the truck then give me a call.

#20 ·
I'm done with mine. Pics will be up next week. :p

#25 ·
I had rust in the smame places on my obs..... who'd a Thunk it!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.