Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What do you guys think about this bronco?

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  AgTires4295 
#1 ·
Hey guys im going to look at a 94 bronco tomorrow and wanted to get your opinion. im gonna trade it straight up for my 94 k1500 ext cab. He said it has "373 gears locker front and rear the motor has around 8000 miles on it 351 gt40x cylinder heads hooker headers typhoon intake 32lb injectors E303 cam"

i dont know alot about gas engines but ill tell you my truck is worth 3500 on a good day so i figure from just the new engine alone its just about worth it. only problem is it has cracked windshield but then my truck needs new tires so id rather get a new windshield than tires.

Heres some pictures

Heres my truck im trading

See less See more
#2 ·
bump anyone? im looking at it tomorrow

#3 ·
BUMP anyone have anything to say

#4 ·
It looks like a solid truck. The motor is obviously gunna have some grunt to her and except for the tailgate and rear passenger side quarter she looks good. Need any bronco advice I'll gladly help.

#8 ·
Haha i had one about a year ago 1995 305 5-speed black on black with 35s and 6 inch lift, it was a good truck it just needed too much work that i didnt have enough material left in my wallet for another hole:doh:

They are built exactly like an f150, just a little shorter, and sounds like it has explorer heads on it
He said it had a newer mustang motor in it.

I'm sure I'd trade in a heartbeat. What'd you end up doing?
Sorry i deleted the sub to this thread but i went and looked and it was rough. He spend all the money on the engine and absolulely nothing on the anything else. The inside was rough is an understatement and the outside was like 3 different shades so had a poor paint job done obviously. The steering column was all f-ed because his "large frame" hit it when he was offroading and at the same bump it threw his buddies head into the windshield and cracked it... More lights on the dash than i could count so he obviously didnt do a very good job on the swap. The wing mirrors were glued shut:dunno: I took it for a drive and it was fast ill give him that but i just didnt feel safe driving it

So yea i didnt end up trading and i told him i couldnt do it and he got all offended and started pointing out all the flaws on my truck saying it had tons of cancer underneath which it doesnt i had some rust but nothing terrible especially for a salt state. Im sorry man that you basically threw $8000 into a $1000 truck you dont get out what you pay for it especially performance upgrades

#6 ·
They are built exactly like an f150, just a little shorter, and sounds like it has explorer heads on it

#7 ·
I'm sure I'd trade in a heartbeat. What'd you end up doing?

#9 ·
Only real difference in a mustang 302 and an f150 is the firing order and the heads, he is an idiot then if he couldn't figure out how to install it, ohh the intake too, but all that stuff bolts up to an f150 or bronco 302 as well, gt40 heads only came in cobras and explorer/mountaineer btw, and glad you walked away, sounds like a hack job

#10 ·
Yea he didnt seem all too bright, but yea i had a 01 mountaineer with the 302 and boy was that thing fast for a SUV. But yea after i traded the mountaineer for the black bronco and i had the drive home of shame knowing i made a huge mistake i never wanted that feeling again.

#11 ·
You only fail once if your smart :poke

#12 ·
So I was reading through this and I agree that you can't get out what you put in if it's all just engine, but I got stopped half way through the thread staring at "The Stormtrooper" and had to wipe away the drool once or twice.

#13 ·
Dang that's a shame. I wouldn't want that in that condition either... If the guys head hit the windshield way up where I see it's cracked, that's beyond any abuse I would want in a truck. Sounds like it's on the way to the junkyard if he keeps it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.