5.4 Triton vs 6.0 Vortec vs 5.7 Hemi - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ford Gassers A Place for Diesel nuts to discuss Ford Gasoline powered vehicles!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
5.4 Triton vs 6.0 Vortec vs 5.7 Hemi

I am interested in getting a 3/4 ton single cab 4x4 work truck with a full size v8 and im curious as to which engine shines as far as power, fuel mileage, reliability, ect. If anybody has experience with the other brand gas engines id like hear about it thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 12:03 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004F250XLT View Post
I am interested in getting a 3/4 ton single cab 4x4 work truck with a full size v8 and im curious as to which engine shines as far as power, fuel mileage, reliability, ect. If anybody has experience with the other brand gas engines id like hear about it thanks
If i had to find a 3/4 gasser id go with a chevy 6.0 or even the new 6.2... My buddies got one in his ccsb 2wd and he was keeping up with me on the truck at 14.9's.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-04-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJ View Post
If i had to find a 3/4 gasser id go with a chevy 6.0 or even the new 6.2... My buddies got one in his ccsb 2wd and he was keeping up with me on the truck at 14.9's.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.com App
Yeah i am already leaning towards the chevy. I have been hearing about how the 6.0 vortec is a really good v8 truck engine with good low end torque.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Serving Our Country!

my last truck was a chevy 6.0 215,000 miles on it and i never had to do any major rear build just oil changes and regular maintance and just a great motor nice ride good power all round great truck if i ever go gas again its chevy all the way
Old 03-04-2012, 07:26 PM

my vote has to go to the 6.0 vortec.. my buddy has a chevy utility body 6.0 and back when i had my 5.4 f150 we messed around from a stop light and i was surprised how quick that thing was. he has always gotten pretty good fuel econ too. both truck stock except an exhaust on mine. only complaint he had was its a little soft in the front with his plow
Old 03-04-2012, 07:34 PM

I owned a 5.4l f250 ext cab short bed and I had it for 5 years and totaled it about a month ago and it saved my life. I have heard about the 6.0 being pretty quick but I was told that it was getting worse mileage than mine. The only think I ever did to my truck was put two coil packs. I had 128k on it. Now let me tell you I bout the truck when I just turned 18 and I beat that truck like nobody's business. I promise you the reliability of the 5.4l triton is better than you would believe.

Last edited by TheFordman87; 03-04-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:38 PM

I didn't see you had the hemi up there too. But I think the hemi might be the quickest but horrible mileage. And ford pulled anything it wanted with no problem. I pulled a f350 dually with a 25' gooseneck with 3 full pallets of quickcrete I towed him at 45mph wi no problem. And I had 35's on mine and it would out run a 6.0 without a chip of course 30-90 mph. So my vote is the ford no questions asked
Old 03-04-2012, 07:41 PM

My last truck was a ccsb 6.0 chevy and never had any problems, traded at 115k. Pulled a 28ft GN alot and had plenty of power but mpg?? Ill just say u didnt pass a gas station! best ever got was 12 with stock tires all interstate. Daily driving i was lucky to average 10. Hope this helps

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.