bronco mods? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ford Gassers A Place for Diesel nuts to discuss Ford Gasoline powered vehicles!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bronco mods?

hey all, im in the market for a powerstroke, and im going to sell my dmax, and save up a for quite a few months, in the meantime im trying to pick up a cheap bronco. theres alot of 90s full size broncos near me rust free for the most part its going to have a 351 in it, im gonna lift it a little and put 33s on it, does anyone have any ideas for mods on the bronco, i was thinkin injectors, intake, headers and exhaust, and a superchip, to give it some giddyup. anyone have a bronco they wanna show off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 01:03 AM

Definitely don't need bigger injectors.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:56 AM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
First thing you gotta do is get the bronco. They have two different computer systems they can have. One is a PITA to work with. The other is great for power.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on diesel View Post
Definitely don't need bigger injectors.
i know i dont need em but im gettin bigger injectors regardless, and probably a cam, intake and exhaust, headers and pipes.. . and thanks for the advice on the electrical, i saw your OBS build on here a while back man what ended up happening to it?
Old 12-20-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by navistardiesel View Post
i know i dont need em but im gettin bigger injectors regardless, and probably a cam, intake and exhaust, headers and pipes.. . and thanks for the advice on the electrical, i saw your OBS build on here a while back man what ended up happening to it?
I've never owned an OBS

Bigger injectors are going to be a waste of money if you're not touching the heads, and if you get a speed density truck, they're not going to work right without a custom tune.

If you get a mass air truck, you'll have to get a matching mass air meter to go with the injectors. Which are still going to be a waste of money. the 19lb injectors will support more power than you're going to be able to make on the stock heads
Old 12-21-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on diesel View Post
I've never owned an OBS

Bigger injectors are going to be a waste of money if you're not touching the heads, and if you get a speed density truck, they're not going to work right without a custom tune.

If you get a mass air truck, you'll have to get a matching mass air meter to go with the injectors. Which are still going to be a waste of money. the 19lb injectors will support more power than you're going to be able to make on the stock heads
i just rode in my buddys bronco with bigger injectors. NOTHING done to the heads. has a tuner also, intake and headers and exhaust. same deal id like to do to mine, with 33" mud terrains. this truck RIPS. blows our friends stock bronco (with exhaust) out of the water, hes on 33s as well. these injectors make a WORLD of difference.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:47 PM

it would run just as well w/ stock injectors as long as the tune is correct.

but if you want to waste money, get after it
Old 12-21-2011, 04:48 PM

alright im just telling you my experience, but doesnt that go with anything? itll run just as well as long as it has the correct tune? so your telling me, if i get an OBS 7.3 and you get an identical truck, we tune em the same. theyll run the same. if i get bigger injectors, your telling me it wont make a difference until i do something to the heads? i beg to differ there.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:27 PM

you realize that a gas engine is very different from a diesel, right?

when you put bigger injectors on a diesel, it will make more power... you add fuel to a diesel it makes more power. That power will also make more exhaust volume and that exhaust volume will drive the turbo harder, and you'll get even more power.

when you put bigger injectors on a gasser without changing the engine tuning parameters, you LOSE POWER

you can beg to differ all you want, but I've built/tuned a ton of EFI SBF engines.

You asked for help, I'm offering it. If you won't heed good advice, then why ask in the first place?
Old 12-22-2011, 03:10 AM

yeah i realize theyre different, and with the bigger injectors i gotta add more airflow to it also, but without touching the heads, it still will make a difference is all im saying. never did em on a 5.8 but i have on a 5.0 and a 350 sbc, and it makes a difference. now if i were to put a cam in it, and do some headwork on it, then it would effece it even the more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.