Terminator - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ford Gassers A Place for Diesel nuts to discuss Ford Gasoline powered vehicles!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Terminator

I'm wanting to pick up a fun fairly fast street car. Thinking a 03-04 Mustang Terminator should do the trick. I'm wondering if an auto or manual would be the way to go...obviously manual for the fun factor but have seen some guys clicking off impressive times with the autos...so undecided. Also wondering what I should look to pay for one...I haven't tinkered with gassers in about 6 or 7 years so I have to relearn everything but any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 07:39 PM

If you plan on an 03-04 Cobra it will have to be a manual. A T-56 six speed was stock in the car, auto wasnt an option. So unless you find one with the swap.......
A lot of people swap the IRS with a solid axle as well, which I think is a waste, but different strokes I guess?
A clean, unmolested 03-04 is going to be hard to find. Prices are all over the place. I have found them from 13K-35K. Awesome cars, I have been looking for one since I sold my Coupe. A Stallion with a History. | StayClassyAtlanta
I do know where a very clean, very stock 03 is. White, 45k miles, owned by an older man who is selling it due to heart issues. PM me if seriously interested. May be able to scoop it up for cheap. I would buy it if not investing in another venture....and buying injectors, tunes, transmissions, convertorsm driveshafts, tires, etc....
Good luck with the search. Keep us posted.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:04 PM

Thats an awesome write up on your old car. Thanks for the advice and id love to pick up that 03 but the distance is a bit to far if it is in GA. I really need to start looking though I think it would be an awesome car....I wouldn't mind making a regular stang fast, but figure by the time it is built to handle the power ill have as much in it as a termi
Old 09-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ah the terminator, every mustang guys favorite year Cobra, or atleast in the top 5. pully swap and tune you can make serious Hp,with the forged internals. Usually the IRS gets swapped for a solid axle for drag raceing purposes. In my area (Fl)ive been seeing em for 20k and under. Id check SVTperformance dot com. Ive got a 2000 gt im looking to let go of for what its worth.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:14 AM

Good choice on a fun/fast street car, i've had a bunch of mustangs over the years. Check out SVTPerformance.com if you haven't already, tons of good info over there.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:31 PM

had mine for goin on 4 years...still loving it!! goin turbo the next year or so, maybe a th400 trans too. any questions feel free to pm me!
Old 01-15-2012, 05:02 PM

What do you plan on doing with the car? Do you want to race it or just cruise? What do you define as a fairly fast street car? 11's, 10's 9's in the 1/4? If its mostly street driving I think a kenne bell or whipple would be the way to go with a 6-spd. If its more racing you want to do then turbo it and TH400 trans.

Edit: Opps just saw the original posting date. Ohh well lol
Old 01-16-2012, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangnut6788 View Post
What do you plan on doing with the car? Do you want to race it or just cruise? What do you define as a fairly fast street car? 11's, 10's 9's in the 1/4? If its mostly street driving I think a kenne bell or whipple would be the way to go with a 6-spd. If its more racing you want to do then turbo it and TH400 trans.

Edit: Opps just saw the original posting date. Ohh well lol
All Cobras come with a 6 speed.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:22 PM

You can not go wrong with a 03-04 Cobra, I've had my share of mustangs but these Cobras are in a different class. I had an 03 I picked up in TN, I never saw a set of taillights and I even outran a few bikes. Mine had quite a few upgrades when I got it and dyno'd just shy of 500 at the wheels, on a stock blower. If your on a budget I also loved my 95 Cobra it was a 5.0 that had been popped out to a 347, had a lot of TQ but wasnt near as fast as the 03. The 03 had a speedo that read 160 and it would do every bit of that and prolly a lot more. You can find Cobras all day that are decently priced just make sure they were'nt beat on.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Old 01-18-2012, 03:26 PM

I think this should fix whatever I did in that last post

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.