1965 Ford F-100 Ranger - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Ford Gassers A Place for Diesel nuts to discuss Ford Gasoline powered vehicles!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1965 Ford F-100 Ranger

Allright, there enough Ford nuts here I figure someone has some more information than I can find with google. My dad has found an old 1965 F-100 Ranger in a barn that is in great shape but doesn't run he is thinking about buying. At first we thought (and had heard) that they didn't make a Ranger package until '67, but research has turned up otherwise. I found another forum where they were discussing the Ranger package and how they are VERY rare but did exist in '64-'66 also. This one appears to be authentic as it has the signature carpet, bucket seats w/console, badging, etc. The motor is the puzzling part. It has 3 deuces and a 427 air cleaner assembly. We are in process of getting numbers and trying to identify the engine now. Basically I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on production numbers, engine options, etc. I found one person that said they did offer a 427 in the Ranger's but not until '66. I doubt it's a 427 but who knows. Either way, this has been a pretty exciting find, just trying to figure out what we are dealing with. Thanks.
-Aaron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Might be a little late, but pictures would be helpful.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Premium Member

No worries. It is a bit late and I currently don't have any pictures available. We have it pretty well narrowed down though. Looks like it is indeed a F100 Ranger although it is a 1966 not a 1965. Transmission and engine appear to be changed though as they don't match the VIN number or data plate. It is most likely a 427 mated to some version of a 4 speed. I know that with FE's the engine numbers only tell you so much, but it is supposed to be a 427 out of a thunderbird...don't remember the year but I do know there weren't very many thunderbirds that had that 427. I don't know what my dad decided to do with it, I haven't talked to him in a little bit. I hope he gets it though as it sounds like a pretty good little project since the body and interior are in dang good shape. It might be a little while, but I will try and get some pics up just for the sake of looking at a good condition '66 truck.
-Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.