Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1976 F100 Semi-Restoration

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  worstenemy453 
#1 ·
I will be starting to semi restore a 1976 F100 Stepside. Im not trying to make a show truck but something nice to look at that runs. Ill get some pictures up of the truck as it sits now and update as i go along. Its all i have until i get my diesel.

#2 ·
Heres some pictures as it sits now.

Im going to do this in stages.
Stage 1 - Driveline, suspension and wheels tires. I will be putting a 306 or maybe a 331 in it, shift kit and maybe clutches/trans brake in the C6, all new shocks, maybe all new springs as well. Losing the blocks. Black wagons all the way around and hopefully some 11 or 12" wide tires in the back to fill those wheel wells out a little. I want to do all this first so i know its dependable so i can drive it ASAP.

Stage 2 - Body/paint work. She needs cab corners, mounts, floors, hinge posts and misc other little issues. I will most likely be doing a house of colors oriental blue or the toyota tacoma extreme blue or something like that. Dash/doors/roof and things inside will be matched.

Stage 3 - Cosmetics/interior/final stuff - Im thinking about doing leather buckets, new grill, new headliner ( old one cut for a dumb moon roof ) and little things like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.