O/T ? about FL need some help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Florida Members Florida Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
O/T ? about FL need some help

I know it's off toppic but I am considering relocatin the familt to Florida for my work. Is anyone here familiar with the Clermont/minneola area? Is it a good place to raise a family? Are both generally good areas to live? I'll be working at the United States Penitentiary in Coleman and those areas are about a midway point between Disney and my work. The houses seem cheap, is there another reason for that other than the housing market taking a crap? any info or suggestions about surrounding areas would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2011, 07:41 AM

Im in Orlando, so I cant really comment on those areas, but Florida as a whole, took a bigger hit than probably anyone. The house my parents bought 2 years ago was sold for over 700k in 06. they paid 350k. Now it's worth about 250k. Florida took a big hit. I wish I knew more about the locations that youre talking about though. I know where they are, just not too much info on them. I know the east side or Orlando well. And Winter Park area.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:21 AM

how is the winter park area?
Old 03-13-2011, 08:55 AM

for the most part it's good. There is one part in particular Id stay out of, maybe 2, but for the most part, its real nice. It is kind of difficult to get around in trucks like ours. Traffic is always there for the most part. But, it is a nice little place. It's known for its money. Most ppl make good money. Its usually either pretty well off, or poor. There is middle ground but not as much.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Areas not to bad it's just like any other city area in my opinion. If your looking for a house its the best time to buy down here. My parents moved here in 88 and the prices were dirt low. If you got a house in my area between 99-07/08 you got screwed when the market took a dump. Everyone down here left to TN and say they love it. So the areas a little more empty for you. Its good for your kids when they get older because Disney is always looking for people & so are the other parks. I have a few buddys up there. Sorry for rambaling.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96F350KID View Post
Areas not to bad it's just like any other city area in my opinion. If your looking for a house its the best time to buy down here. My parents moved here in 88 and the prices were dirt low. If you got a house in my area between 99-07/08 you got screwed when the market took a dump. Everyone down here left to TN and say they love it. So the areas a little more empty for you. Its good for your kids when they get older because Disney is always looking for people & so are the other parks. I have a few buddys up there. Sorry for rambaling.
you are right about cheap. we're probably cheaper than anyone right now.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:52 AM

Clermont's not too bad, got a lot of lakes around it and it's just as busy as Orlando IMO. Minneola has a high Hispanic population and is also a high crime area from what I've heard. Move a little north of Coleman and you shuold be good.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

hey can yall tell me how to join dirty south strokers
Old 03-29-2011, 09:41 AM

clermont has my vote if u are going to move anywhere. Or i would move a little closer to centrel florida
Old 03-29-2011, 04:11 PM

Thanks for the replys guys, very helpful. Not real concerned about traffic as I'm coming from the philadelphia area. I'm sure traffic there isn't anywhere near what it is here. I just want a good place to raise a family with decent property taxes. 4500 a yr here. a good place to ride atv's(comletely illegal in the entire state of nj where I am now, also illegal to take your truck offroad, crime rate is horrible even in good areas, and houses are about 160,000 for 1000 sq/ft home even in this terrrible market.) We are pretty set on Clermont because of proximity to Disney and work at United States Penitentiary Coleman (about 30 to 40 mins to both, opposite ways. Any more cooments greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.