Brooksville Truck Pull - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Florida Members Florida Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 04:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brooksville Truck Pull

Next pull is February 12, 2011 looking for new trucks to fill new stock classes.

Glad to see we got some fords at the Kissimmee pull. Now the rest of those fords in the parking lot need to come back and try it. We have a new class just for stock trucks. Read the rules for "Stock Diesels" below.

Feburary 12th 2011 Brooksville. We are working on pay outs, there will be money on the diesel classes, but dont know amouts yet. This will be a 300' red clay track. I will update on this pull as new info comes in.

RULES: Florida Truck Pullers Home

For those of you that didnt go to the Kissimmee pull here it is.

Last edited by MoPower05; 01-24-2011 at 04:07 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 05:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Here is the flyer. This will be a great pull for those who want to try it. Whos coming?

http://floridatruckpullers.com/2-12-2011%20Flyer.pdf
Old 01-17-2011, 03:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Whos coming to the pull in Brooksville 2-12-11. There will be professional video and photography. Pull trucks from up north also will be coming down. Many classes including a 2.5 ton class, two stock diesel classes, and modified diesel classes. There will also be gas classes from stock to modified. If you have ever wanted to try pulling this will be a good one to start. There will be a 300' red clay track. Whos in?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Hello out there in ford land.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

We might go, but I wont be pulling. My current tires are shot, probably get stuck in a paper bag. LOL Plus, I'm completely stock, no chip or anything.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:28 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
man I wish I had known, I would have went to watch anyways.. Got tickets already to the hockey game that same night.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01excursion7.3 View Post
We might go, but I wont be pulling. My current tires are shot, probably get stuck in a paper bag. LOL Plus, I'm completely stock, no chip or anything.
You should pull, we are trying to get people to pull. Bald tires are better, they wont dig. This is why we have a stock class for trucks like yours.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPower05 View Post
You should pull, we are trying to get people to pull. Bald tires are better, they wont dig. This is why we have a stock class for trucks like yours.
I'm going to watch this time around. I don't have a hitch that will work to hook to the sled, and no gauges to watch my tranny. Gotta have gauges first.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:53 PM

Just got home, saw your first pull at 191 feet, left right after. It was cold, and I wanted to see you pull before I left. Question though, what was that popping during your run? In a gasser, I would have said it was a backfire/miss. Was that a wastegate or something?

Btw, that dodge and 6.0 that was in the stock class, they would have walked all over me. Both had traction bars. And they were blowing way too much smoke to be stock. Chips/programmer allowed?

Loved resurrection's last pull. I knew that truck was built to well for those short runs. Everyone around me was laughing. I kept telling the wife that after those adjustments he did with weight and tire pressure, if that's enough to get him to hook, that he'd top that class.

The 4wd modified class, wife and I picked what trucks we like the best. I picked the 79 (southern General) and she picked the late 80's early 90's two tone. I was upset for a while that that damn GMC, the only one in the class not a ford was tops, then ol two tone came out for that last run, and blew him out with a full pull. Made me happier than a pig in sh!t.

Didn't care for the tractors, but holy sh!t, that turbo diesel one after the intermission was frigging insane!

All in all it was a good time. Next time I need to be better prepared for teh weather. It was friggin cold, still thawing out now.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Glad you made it sorry for the slow going we will fix that. The tractors will start at least 2 hours earlier next time so we will start the trucks on time. It got way too late with the cold for people to stick around. The poping in my truck, has always done it dont really know why. The track was terrible because they had so much rain, couldnt hook up. It was like pulling on ice. Your truck would have done better than you think, but most important would be the experience. Should have intoduced yourself, maybe next pull.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.