Good dealer in west coast florida? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Florida Members Florida Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good dealer in west coast florida?

Hey guys, My mom is dealing with suncoast ford on rt-19 in I don't know what town. (Near hudson)

They're really jerking her around, can anyone help me out with a better place to send her? Or anyone have any pull with suncoast or ford? She's on her 2nd escape. First one had so many issues suncoast talked her into another one, a new 2010.

Now they've had it more in the last 3 months than she has. (Tranny issues) They just rebuilt the tranny last week (After having it for a month and a half) and she just had to drop it BACK off yesterday because when they put it into gear, you could hear and feel something grinding.

I'm just tired of her getting jerked around. This is her 3rd vehicle from them, they SHOULD be taking better care of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2010, 06:51 PM

Suncoast Ford is in New Port Richey, Hwy 19. I just bought my truck there about 3 weeks ago. It was my 4th truck I have bought there. I was so specific on what I wanted that it took them a few days to find what I wanted, when they located, they took my truck in and gave me a fully loaded F350 Lariat to use, which I racked over 1000 miles on. I had my last truck serviced there and only there and never hads any issues. In fact I was leaking tranny fluid around the cooler one time. I found the leak and fixed it but couldn't find the fluid at any parts places. I rolled in there late on a Saturday, told the wrench I was low on fluid, he filled it back to the correct level, and then gave me 2 quarts in case it leaks again, all for free. I find it odd that your getting bad service, but it sucks if she is and she shouldn't have to put up with it. There are lemon laws to protect her, plus I would do a search and see if the Escapes having a common problem, or if this is isolated. There are 2 dealers near New Port Richey,
Flammer Ford

and

Flammer Tarpon

I haven't heard anything great about them, and there owned by the same owner.

The next closest dealers are gone to be in Brookesville, Wesley Chappel and Dade City, all about 45 minutes from Hudson.

Good luck.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:59 AM

Stay away from the dealer in Dade City!!! Tell her to head up 19 to Chiefland, White Ford is pretty good to work with and their service department is excellent!
Old 07-16-2010, 05:11 AM

The issue was the TC, like I thought from the description. Sounds like a tech screw up to me.

I'm finally down in Florida, and we just dropped it off for trans issues for the 3rd time. (oil leaks, and occasional hard shift) This thing has 11k on it, if they don't get it fixed this time, I think I'm gonna have to find out about Florida's lemon laws. I know in Maine, 3 times for the same issue, and she's gone. I hate doing that to ford, but they got her into this escape after the same unresolved issues with her last escape. Should have just gotten her out of an escape totally.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:23 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow, thats the dealership i go to for all my needs, the service department usually bends over backwards to take care of me it seems. I didnt even have an appointment on a few occasions and they slipped me into their schedule. I can definately say their prices are on the high side, but as far as customer service i have never ran into problems, sorry man... id look up the lemon laws
Old 07-16-2010, 05:29 AM

I'm actually leaning on the side of the thing just being a POS. Every time I've been there they've treated her ok. The tech told her to get out of the escape and into something else (He suggested the edge), that the escape is currently plagued with tranny issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.