Leeches for bass? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Fishing Hole For the Powerstroke.org anglers!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 02:32 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Leeches for bass?

Does anyone use leeches for largemouth bass?

Does anyone know if bass even eat leeches. I'm sure they may strike it but I'm wondering if they'll actually consume it.

Also, what about snails that look like this...

Got a small pond out back at my parents house that is loaded with snails, aquatic insects, LEECHES, and frogs/tadpoles. My stepdad threw 3 bass in there we got from a pond that was drying out and they made it through the winter. He threw out a rapala minno that was like 5" long (striper lure) just to see if the reel needed lubed and he caught one. It's about 16" or so now.... right out of winter and the thing was in good shape.

We saw at least one other strike the surface a few minutes later so I guess 2 of em made it.

Last edited by Marty; 03-31-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Tagged. Well if a bass dont eat it, a catfish will. Those nasty fish eat anything.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i have caught bass with leeches before not sure if its on the top of there menu tho hope this helps
Old 04-01-2009, 07:42 AM
International Threat

Water is only like 45* and look how fat this sucker is. The biggest one we put in there was smaller then this last fall. I saw another one of them about 5 minutes after we released the first one back... he was attacking something on the shore and I caught a glimpse. Seems to be a bit bigger then this one!

The frogs are just now starting to come out, so I can only imagine they're going to grow rapidly.

There are no other fish in the pond except for those three bass. Gonna put some crayfish in there with some minnows out of the stream that's down the hill.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm not sure if they do or not. I remember a dirty jobs episode where he went to a company that caught leeches and sold them to fisherman. I don't remember what they were catching with them but I do remember them making pretty good money doing it.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:15 AM
International Threat

I know leeches are used for pike and walleye, all I know this pond was full of them last year. I waded in and LUCKILY I had waders on because otherwise I would no longer have male apendages!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.