Fishn Alaska Sockeye - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Fishing Hole For the Powerstroke.org anglers!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fishn Alaska Sockeye

F450 and Red Salmon, it doesn't get any better
Attached Thumbnails
Fishn Alaska Sockeye-lancekasilof2012.jpg   Fishn Alaska Sockeye-setnet2012-007.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 08:58 PM
back to business

That a Max on the trailer?

Where ya fishing at? My wife and I just got back from our annual vacation back home (anchorage/eagle river). We fished the kenai/russian for a couple days and it was SLOW. 4 fish between my dad, my wife and me over two 10 hour days on the river
Old 07-03-2012, 08:59 PM
back to business

Oh, and
Old 07-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07OUTLAW View Post
That a Max on the trailer?

Where ya fishing at? My wife and I just got back from our annual vacation back home (anchorage/eagle river). We fished the kenai/russian for a couple days and it was SLOW. 4 fish between my dad, my wife and me over two 10 hour days on the river
Yep, Max on the trailer. Good beach buggy. I cope with a gimp hip, so the Max lets me do stuff I like to do.

This trip was personal use set net from the beach. Fish and Game has markers one mile north and one mile south of the mouth of the Kasilof. Personal use set net is allowed between the markers. Now dip netting is in season from the banks of the river itself. I will be fishing the Kenai, third week of July for the second red run. I actually prefer to use a fly rod, but still, the net fishing has some sort of appeal. Look me up when you come back to AK. Do you like to fly fish?
Old 07-04-2012, 10:30 PM
back to business

The Max Is an awesome Ak vehicle. Right behind the argo's and muddox's, IMO

I fly fish, it's what I do.

We'll dip net the Kasilof, Fish and Copper when life allows it, but that's for fish for the freezer. I spent my summers drifting the kenai, and wading the russian and my falls were spent on Ptarmigan, quartz, Kenai and the lakes and creeks up north. 4WT in hand, dreaming of the 30+ inchers. That's when I'm not moose hunting

Next summer we're thinking about coming up later, for the second run of reds. I'll try to remember to let you know when we're headed up. I always like having new fishing pals
Old 07-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

[QUOTE=07OUTLAW;3144855]The Max Is an awesome Ak vehicle. Right behind the argo's and muddox's, IMO

I fly fish, it's what I do.

We'll dip net the Kasilof, Fish and Copper when life allows it, but that's for fish for the freezer. I spent my summers drifting the kenai, and wading the russian and my falls were spent on Ptarmigan, quartz, Kenai and the lakes and creeks up north. 4WT in hand, dreaming of the 30+ inchers. That's when I'm not moose hunting

Next summer we're thinking about coming up later, for the second run of reds. I'll try to remember to let you know when we're headed up. I always like having new fishing pals [/QUOTE

I have the third week of July off work this year to go fly fish the Kenai. The third week as you know is the most likely time for 2nd run to come in. Last year was a bumper crop and I missed it by a day. I was dip net prepared on the Kenai, fished two days and nada. I drove back to Anchorage to go to work and-you guessed it- big run came in, people were limiting out in a couple of hours.
A few years ago I caught a 30 inch Bow on the Kenai, left my camera in a friends car and he drove off on a sight seeing tour. so I go no proof
Do look me up when ya come back.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:16 PM
back to business

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnngrinn View Post
I have the third week of July off work this year to go fly fish the Kenai. The third week as you know is the most likely time for 2nd run to come in. Last year was a bumper crop and I missed it by a day. I was dip net prepared on the Kenai, fished two days and nada. I drove back to Anchorage to go to work and-you guessed it- big run came in, people were limiting out in a couple of hours.
A few years ago I caught a 30 inch Bow on the Kenai, left my camera in a friends car and he drove off on a sight seeing tour. so I go no proof
Do look me up when ya come back.
That was our luck last year, we planned our trip around the "normal" time for first run reds........ missed it, the week after we left they were in heavy . 3 days on the Kenai/russian and 2 days dip netting on the Kasilof last year, we ended up with 6 reds between 3 of us. Cleaned up on clams after that though, lol.

I've never hit the 30 inch mark, I got a couple 28 inchers in the books though. For bow's that is, I've gone over 30 with dollies; a couple 30's a 32 and big ol' fat 36 incher.
Man I miss AK I'll send you a message when we figure out when we'll be up there next summer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.