Juggs!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Fishing Hole For the Powerstroke.org anglers!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Juggs!!!

So I'm trying to get my girl friend hooked on fishing, I think it can be done cause everything else I've made fun like hiking, horses, and hunting she becomes addicted. Needless to say she's not very cordinated with casting a fishing rod and last time we went she just got frustrated. So I'm setting up some jugs ( legal in ga) to go set out on some farm ponds and maybe lake Juilette in a back corner somewhere for a few hours or so. So I was just wondering if anyone out there has been hugging before and what kind of set ups have you used. I done it a few times before but it always becomes a hassle to keep the lines organized when pulling them in. I also like the asthetics of good looking rigs. So I've been collecting 32oz gatorade bottles. I took a stainless steel hose clamp and slid a snap ring through one of the screw slots and put it down past the top on the bottle and tightened it around the thick plastic collar. I then tied on a 80# test nylon drop line to a swivel with snap. This way I can attach a variety of weights directly to the snap and run a clear mono leader of about 3 to 4 feet off. Anyone got any ideas on how to improve this or any cool comments?? I'm also gonna label all the jugs 1-# and tape reflective tape on the butt of the bottle cause I don't want to loose any, and cause more trash in our beautiful waterways!! The cool thing ab the idea I think is you can easily roll the drop line up and drop it in the bottle and screw the cap back on making for a streamline jug. I also do most of my fishing out of a canoe so there's not a lot of moving around keeping stuff organized. I think the ol gal would have fun watching jugs move across the lake with a cat on the line!!

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

Never tried juggin'. One of my sons does it a lot. I'll ask about his set up. Sounds like fun. Hope she likes it!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I've been once before on a small farm pond at night and it was a blast. Id love to hear how a more experienced jugger sets his stuff up. Like how long he makes his drop lines and what all types of terminal tackle he uses.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Im from MO and I have done juggin on the missouri river. The setup that I use and is simple is take one of those foam pool noodels (the hollow ones) and cut it into 4" sections. Then take a dowl rod the size of the inside hole and attach your line to the center of the rod. Then slide a noodel section on each end. (looks like a mini dumb bell) It works great because when you care taking them in you can rap the line around the rod and hook the hook into the foam sections on the end. Its easy and makes storying jugs easy. If you want you can attach a clasp to the center of the rod so you can set the depth of your line.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Nice idea! That sounds pretty cost effective too! Sounds like a good way to keep the lines organized too with out having them all over the place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.