Gun Experts - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Firearms Discussion Discussion of all types of firearms.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gun Experts

OK, it looks like I have a good number of experts on tonite.

I am strongly considering the XD-40, in 40 cal. of course, what I need is your opinions, experiences, real world knowledge of this caliber.

And of course what's your opinion of the XD-40?

Thanks, looking forward to your answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Cynic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
xd-40 is a great gun. This summer, I'll let you shoot mine (it is with the firearms I have in Georgia).

All in all, I like the .40. I prefer my glock 22 over the xD, but that's just me. Otherwise, my other choice would be a .45 (if you are looking for a CC).

The one thing I do NOT like about the xD, is the recoil bounce when the magazine has less than 5 rounds. But, that can be said about 90% of the new pistols I've been testing lately.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Raging Lunatic

Look who came out of the woodwork..........
Old 02-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Premium Member

how soon are you looking to buy?
Old 02-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Raging Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroken04 View Post
how soon are you looking to buy?
Rather quickly. Why do you ask.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw View Post
My buddy has a XDM-40, I could bring it to the april G2G
Old 02-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw View Post
Don't do anything you'll regret later. Remember, that's why they have "cool off periods"
Old 02-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Raging Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelongbed View Post
Don't do anything you'll regret later. Remember, that's why they have "cool off periods"
I thought that was for when you get married.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I've shot the 45 I think. It seemed like a nice gun but I only shot a few rounds though it. It didn't feel as good in my hands as mine does though! Glock that is
Old 02-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Emergency Services

.40 cal: if you too much of a man for 9mm but are a puss for .45

no, the .40 is a great round that hasnt really been around all that long. late 80's early 90's if im not mistaken. proven reliable seeing as there are alot of law enforcement officers that carry .40 both on and off duty. cheaper than 45's to shoot and reload.and you better bet your as$ that it will detour a threat. easier on the body when shooting although not by much. i think that the winchester 230gr that i shoot is somewhere close to 900fps and at 50yds impacts at 360-370ft pnds.
the .40 S&W made by winchester is 165gr something like 1000fps and 360-370ft pnds at 50 yds.
the 45 i can get a wally world for $30 per hundred
the .40 i think is a few dollars cheaper like 20-25 per hundred. this is all target ball rounds. i dont shoot hollows enough to remember the numbers.

the xd is a great weapon. made in croiatia i think. i own the 45 and have shot the 3" .40. both guns are great. light weight polymer frame, no hammer so it isnt going to snag on your belt or shirt. 5-7 lb trigger pull, loaded chamber indicator and fireing pin indicator. has a trigger and a grip safety but i find these very useless. extremely easy to take down for cleaning, just flip a lever and pull the slide off. however you do have to dry fire to remove the slide.i have heard that xd replacement parts are hard to come by, but i dont know how legit that is. you want night sights they go on no prob, also the acc rail on the front make adding a laser very easy( i bought mine for 45 off the internet and it works great) i have put close to 1000 rds through it and only stove piped once because of cheap a$$ wolf ammo. (about 200 wolf rds downrange)

the glock in my opionion is the only comp to the xd. the glock 22 is the .40 cal. the glock is the most widely used pistol around the world and for good reason. they are reliable and dependable, all the while staying affordable. 6-8lbs trigger pull on the gun i fired. you know the trigger is there. glock replacement parts are very easy to come by. there are match grade triggers and barrels everywhere for just about any variant of prices. the grip on the glock seems too canted for me. it seems like your holding the gun under parallel. the glock is coated in something called a Tenifer finish. from what i hear its what makes the glock so corrosion resistant.

i could keep going but im not writing a book just giving an accurate review of the weapons. im not sure i answered your questions but im sure you can get something from it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.