Open carry in Texas - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Firearms Discussion Discussion of all types of firearms.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Infidel

 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Open carry in Texas

OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!

Check the site out above. They were on a local radio station today pushing for open carry in Texas. Much too my surprise even our Governor is in favor of this.

This lawyer in Utah is against it, ironic last name:

Steven Gunn, an attorney and board member of the Gun Violence Prevention Center of Utah, believes it's pure ego.
"We have inconsiderate boors walking around on the street carrying firearms openly," says Gunn. "I don't think they are truly afraid for their safety. Most of them are trying to make a statement about the 2nd Amendment."

Yeah, I bet the people on the planes below weren't afraid for their safety either. Wonder how many would have loved to have had a gun on 9/11. Sorry....off topic.

Craig

Last edited by TexasR.N.; 06-24-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 06-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Gatos CA
Posts: 733
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Perhaps the airlines should issue every passenger a loaded weapon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 06-24-2008, 03:34 PM
The Fat Mod
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hickory, NC
Posts: 12,509
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I open carry from time to time. Legal here in NC as well. Normally you will never know that I am carring though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 06-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,306
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I like how stupid the media is. I got a kick out of them saying thousands of people have applied to get a CHL, when its in fact hundreds of thousands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 06-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Infidel

 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Monkey View Post
Perhaps the airlines should issue every passenger a loaded weapon?
That's would be a good start, or issue everyone a slab of bacon and they could smack the muslim terrorist with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMart View Post
I like how stupid the media is. I got a kick out of them saying thousands of people have applied to get a CHL, when its in fact hundreds of thousands.
Yeah, I caught that too. Well, we'll see how it goes, let's hope for the best. I will look for the petition to sign if anyone is interested.
Craig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 06-26-2008, 03:14 PM
rdc rdc is offline
Grumpy Non-Socialist

 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lexington, OK
Posts: 2,623
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappeetxnR.N. View Post
OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!

Check the site out above. They were on a local radio station today pushing for open carry in Texas. Much too my surprise even our Governor is in favor of this.

This lawyer in Utah is against it, ironic last name:

Steven Gunn, an attorney and board member of the Gun Violence Prevention Center of Utah, believes it's pure ego.
"We have inconsiderate boors walking around on the street carrying firearms openly," says Gunn. "I don't think they are truly afraid for their safety. Most of them are trying to make a statement about the 2nd Amendment."

Yeah, I bet the people on the planes below weren't afraid for their safety either. Wonder how many would have loved to have had a gun on 9/11. Sorry....off topic.

Craig
Craig,
Thanks to your post, I went to the site, found the Texas petition, edited
it to fit Oklahoma, and posted it up for signatures. Now I need to get
the word out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-30-2008, 07:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tucson moving to Flagstaff
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
AZ, another open carry state. Best time to open carry is in the winter when the snow birds flock from Chicago and Boston. They always call 911 when they see someone with a gun. Typical conversation.
"Yes hello, there's a man with a gun walking down the street!!"
"Okay maam, calm down. Is he threatening anyone?"
"No, he's just walking down the street with a gun in a holster."
"Maam, this is Arizona. The open carry of a firearm is legal here."

It's amazing how few criminals want to try to rob a person with a Glock on his hip. I typically conceal because I would rather surprise the crook than give him any warning about the sever pain he is about to enjoy.

Shoot to stop, not to kill. Less legal issues. Two to the chest, one to the head, bad guy stopped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-30-2008, 07:08 AM
Infidel

 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame10 View Post
AZ, another open carry state. Best time to open carry is in the winter when the snow birds flock from Chicago and Boston. They always call 911 when they see someone with a gun. Typical conversation.
"Yes hello, there's a man with a gun walking down the street!!"
"Okay maam, calm down. Is he threatening anyone?"
"No, he's just walking down the street with a gun in a holster."
"Maam, this is Arizona. The open carry of a firearm is legal here."

It's amazing how few criminals want to try to rob a person with a Glock on his hip. I typically conceal because I would rather surprise the crook than give him any warning about the sever pain he is about to enjoy.

Shoot to stop, not to kill. Less legal issues. Two to the chest, one to the head, bad guy stopped.
I bet the 911 lines do light up. I like how you'd "stop" a bad guy .
Craig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-30-2008, 07:45 AM
rdc rdc is offline
Grumpy Non-Socialist

 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lexington, OK
Posts: 2,623
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Off-topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame10 View Post
AZ, another open carry state. Best time to open carry is in the winter when the snow birds flock from Chicago and Boston. They always call 911 when they see someone with a gun. Typical conversation.
"Yes hello, there's a man with a gun walking down the street!!"
"Okay maam, calm down. Is he threatening anyone?"
"No, he's just walking down the street with a gun in a holster."
"Maam, this is Arizona. The open carry of a firearm is legal here."

It's amazing how few criminals want to try to rob a person with a Glock on his hip. I typically conceal because I would rather surprise the crook than give him any warning about the sever pain he is about to enjoy.

Shoot to stop, not to kill. Less legal issues. Two to the chest, one to the head, bad guy stopped.
Reminds me of a joke I heard a while back. Warning *** Temporary Hijack ***

Are you a Democrat, Republican or Southern Republican?
Here is a little test that will help you to decide.
Question: How do you tell the difference between Democrats,
Republicans and Southern Republicans?

The answer can be found by posing the following question:


You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small
children. Suddenly, an Islamic terrorist with a huge knife comes around
the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, praises Allah,
raises the knife, and charges at you. You are carrying a Glock 40 cal
pistol and you are an expert shot.



You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.



What do you do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Democrat's answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!

Does the man look poor! Or oppressed?

Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?

Could we run away?

What does my wife think?

What about the kids?

Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of
his hand?

What does the law say about this situation?

Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?

Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does
this send to society and to my children?

Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?

Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound
me?

If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while
he as stabbing me?

Should I call 9-1-1?

Why is this street so deserted?

We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this happier,
healthier street that would discourage such behavior.

This is all so confusing!

I need to debate this with some friends for few days and try to come to
a consensus.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Republican's answer:

BANG!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Southern Republican's answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.....

(sounds of reloading).

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click

Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips
or Hollow Points?"

Dad: Damn it, I ran out of bullets...



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-30-2008, 07:59 AM
I don't know nuttin....

 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tuttle, OK
Posts: 17,154
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thats a good one Russ!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors