OMFG COMIFORNIA!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Firearms Discussion Discussion of all types of firearms.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 10:20 PM
COONASS

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry OMFG COMIFORNIA!!!

NRA-ILA :: Legislation

California: Anti-Gun Bills Head to Senate!

Friday, May 30, 2008

Please Contact Your State Senator Today!

Earlier this week the Assembly passed Assembly Bill 2948 by a vote of 41 to 25. AB2948 seeks to ban the sale of firearms and ammunition on the property or inside the buildings that comprise the Cow Palace. The bill now heads to the Senate for its consideration. Also headed to the Senate are Assembly Bill 2235 and Assembly Bill 2062.

AB 2235 would prohibit the sale of handguns other than "owner-authorized (or “smart”) handguns"-- that is, handguns with a permanent, programmable biometric feature that renders the firearm useless unless activated by the authorized user. No proven, viable handgun of this type has ever been developed. Introduced by Assemblyman Mark DeSaulnier (D-11), AB2235 would require the Attorney General to report to the Governor and Legislature on the availability of owner-authorized handguns; once the Attorney General finds that these guns are available, only “owner-authorized” handguns could be approved for sale in California.

AB 2062 would make it a crime to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a “handgun ammunition vendor” in the Department of Justice’s database. Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. The bill would also require vendors to keep a record of the transaction including the ammunition buyer’s name, driver’s license, the quantity, caliber, type of ammunition purchased, and right thumbprint, which would be submitted to the Department of Justice. All ammunition sales in the state of California would be subject to a $3 per transaction tax. Lastly, mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited. Any violator of AB2062 would be subject to civil fines. AB2062 was amended to remove the requirement that law-abiding gun owners obtain a permit to purchase handgun ammunition.

Please contact your State Senator and respectfully urge him or her to oppose AB2948, AB2235 and AB2062 when they come before them for a vote. Contact information for your State Senator can be found by clicking here.

This is BULLSH!T IM JUST SO FVCKING MAD I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Is this just in callifornia? This proposed bill is un constitutional and the person/persons who wrote it should be arrested for treason.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to SteveKran Send a message via Yahoo to SteveKran
That sh!t is rediculous....I'm glad I live in SC and can carry my handgun concealed when I want to, and can buy as much ammo as I want without having to jump through hoops.

Cali has some nice things to offer, but I really don't have any desire to go visit with all the liberal bullsh!t.

Last edited by SteveKran; 06-02-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:55 PM
COONASS

i just e-mailed my dad about the bill HE IS GOING TO BLOW HIS LOAD LOL...

Last edited by WHAT HAPPENED; 06-02-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:57 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
LOL up here in Idaho I was actualy looking at concealed carry guns my self today. the best part is when I find the one I want in 20 minutes ill be out the door with my new shooter.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:49 AM

damn dude theres a lot of liberals in cali too? We have a lot of them up here and they get annoying especially when they are buzzin around in their little baby blue prius's. good thing we still have the hand gun right tho..
Old 06-03-2008, 05:36 AM
COONASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3322 View Post
damn dude theres a lot of liberals in cali too? We have a lot of them up here and they get annoying especially when they are buzzin around in their little baby blue prius's. good thing we still have the hand gun right tho..
90% of cali is liberal...
Old 06-03-2008, 05:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to Barchetta
Help me out here, what the hell is the Cow Palace?
Old 06-03-2008, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankroddin250 View Post
Is this just in callifornia? This proposed bill is un constitutional and the person/persons who wrote it should be arrested for treason.
I wish it were unconstitutional, but our supreme court has interperted the constitution to mean that the right to keep and bear arms is a function of the military and not the citizens unless they are part of that military. The current position officially is hands off but that citizens do not have the right to keep and bear arms only they do. If only those men that wrote the constitution could be brought back into our time to tell the supreme court what there intention really was. Your right, this whole thing really sucks.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:14 AM
Banned

There is an exhibition complex near San Francisco that has monthly gun shows "Cow Palace". It used to be lots of livestock shows/sales, mostly cattle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.