This could be good or bad - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Firearms Discussion Discussion of all types of firearms.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Infidel

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This could be good or bad

D.C.'s Gun Ban Gets Day in Court

This could be good or bad depending on how the Supreme Court rules. If they rule in favor of only a well armed militia can we form a PowerStroke.Org militia?
On a serious note, if they came down on the side of the militia argument, what kind of can of worms would that open? Final decision comes in June.

A) I am personally not giving up my guns. I believe in the phrase "Politicians prefer unarmed peasants". And there aren't a handful of them I trust.

B) How will they decide who gets to form a militia? Do they (Supreme Court) consider the National Guard a militia? If so, will the Guard be considered independent of Federal control vs. now how the Guard can be activated (probably wrong terminology) at a Federal level. Reverting back to state control only?

C) How would the gun owning population in general react?

D) Would this cause a shift in the presidential race as the obvious necessity for more constitutionalist judges?

E) I think I know how Obama / Hillary would react. The more important question is what stance would McCain take?

F) Will gun purchases increase before the decision is handed down?

What are y'alls opinion of the potential impact of a Supreme Court decision going against private gun ownership?
Craig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Doesn't a citizen militia mean just that, citizens
Old 03-16-2008, 09:40 AM

first off, the Constitution starts out with: "We the People"...... (in big letters)

secondly, the second ammendment has in it: "The right of the "people" to bear arms shall not be infringed." or something to that effect.

i dont think there is much room for interpretation. the ruling came out when the Founding Fathers wrote our Constitution/Bill of Rights.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Infidel

I agree with what both of y'all said. But here's the problem, we are the average citizens discussing this. Sometimes something happens to the rationale and judgment judges use. I personally don't see how they (Supreme Court) can strike gun ownership down. However, I cannot see Ruth Bader-Ginsburg saying "Oh yeah, you can have all of the guns you want." She was the former in house counsel for the ACLU. I realize this is just one justice, but remember it doesn't have to be a unanimous decision, 5-4 and that's it.
Craig
Old 03-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappeetxnR.N. View Post
I agree with what both of y'all said. But here's the problem, we are the average citizens discussing this. Sometimes something happens to the rationale and judgment judges use. I personally don't see how they (Supreme Court) can strike gun ownership down. However, I cannot see Ruth Bader-Ginsburg saying "Oh yeah, you can have all of the guns you want." She was the former in house counsel for the ACLU. I realize this is just one justice, but remember it doesn't have to be a unanimous decision, 5-4 and that's it.
Craig
I believe you are wrong. The problem is we are NOT the average citizens. The average citizen now is nothing more than a sheep in the flock.

Craig, you are well read and you ask questions. Think about this... all the people going on and on about Obama and Billary, do you think they are well read? The only questions they are asking is what their party wants them to ask.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:43 PM

To insure a free state,.... from all enemys, foreign and domistic.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Infidel

Just bumping this back up as I find it interesting.
Craig
Old 03-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Premium Member

As I understand it, the Supreme Court have granted the Solicitor General 15 minutes. Although the case was filed by a security guard that is allowed a firearm at work, but not at home, it is being pushed by Dick Cheney and Kay Bailey Hutchenson, among others. I'm thinking that the decision will be landmark, either way. I hope the 2nd amendment is upheld.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tikal
If they wanna take my guns, they'll hafta come and get 'em theirselves
Old 03-25-2008, 06:18 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikal View Post
If they wanna take my guns, they'll hafta come and get 'em theirselves
From my cold dead hands. The day that they ban guns and try to take mine away is the day I go down in a hail of gun fire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.