SKS Owners - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Firearms Discussion Discussion of all types of firearms.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 06:01 AM
Gun Nut

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
SKS Owners

I'm still shopping for my Christmas presents - I asked Santa for an SKS and the Taurus Judge in 3" mag but the Judge is nearly impossible to find so I'm just going to hold the cash and wait for them to get more available on the market. The SKS I just wanted an 'el cheepo because I'll probably never shoot it, I just want one. I was figuring on spending $150 or so on the SKS and wanted a folding stock. They have this one on Gunbroker and I was wondering if it was a decent deal if I did the buy it now at $175.....

GunBroker.com guns: Folding Stock SKS w/ Scope (item: 88023814 ends: Jan-04-08 04:48:36 PM)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2007, 06:12 AM
Cynic

175 is a bit high for me (you still have ffl dealer costs and shipping). Try the gun show when it rolls around.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Looks like a Yugo 59/66 with grenade launcher on muzzle. The scope mounting on th cver ussually doesn't work to well as it wiggles. For a while you could pick up a 59/66 unnissued for about $200 and very goods for $150. but your interested in a folder.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodslinger View Post
I'm still shopping for my Christmas presents - I asked Santa for an SKS and the Taurus Judge in 3" mag but the Judge is nearly impossible to find so I'm just going to hold the cash and wait for them to get more available on the market. The SKS I just wanted an 'el cheepo because I'll probably never shoot it, I just want one. I was figuring on spending $150 or so on the SKS and wanted a folding stock. They have this one on Gunbroker and I was wondering if it was a decent deal if I did the buy it now at $175.....

GunBroker.com guns: Folding Stock SKS w/ Scope (item: 88023814 ends: Jan-04-08 04:48:36 PM)
Yea I was going to say gun show but if you can find one cheaper w/ a screwed up stock since your going to replace it with a folder. $125.00 is a pretty good price.I have three w/different stocks ,love them.also have 2 AK47's
Old 12-26-2007, 06:31 AM
Gun Nut

That's what I wanted - THANKS GUYS!

Yeah I've got an AK as well and have loads of fun with it but wanted an SKS just to add to the collection since they're so inexpensive. I wanted the folder in case I wanted to throw it behind the seat of the rig when I'm out working the ranch. Kind of a rifle you know is durable, cheap and you really don't give a crap about but can make the shot if you need it for something out there.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:00 AM

My dad had an SKS like 15 years ago. I think he only paid like 95 bucks for it then. All he did was clean all the packing grease off of it and it was dead on. It actually shot very nice. My cousin had one that he put all the bells and whistles on. I think its a great gun for the money.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
yeah a few years ago you could buy them from cheaper then dirt for 85 bucks. all day long. thats why we have 3 lol.

Just a tip tho stay away from the chinese model. it jams alot. all the ones i have ever shot and owned jam.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:11 AM

Is there a Russian version? For some reason I think that is what my dad had.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Gun Nut

Yeah the Russians were the origination of it. They sold the patent to a bunch of other countries and that's why all the variants - that's what I read off Wikipedia.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:25 AM

Farkin California, I wasnt aware they were illegal here (been out of CA for 15 years).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.