M4 vs. AK47 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Firearms Discussion Discussion of all types of firearms.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
M4 vs. AK47

as an owner of both i found this interesting. i personally think the 6.8mm m4's recently built by barrett would fix this problem, but anyways. discuss

FOXNews.com - M4 Vs. AK-47: Is U.S. Army Outgunned in Afghanistan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 04:20 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have a 7.62x39 m4 :-D thats my answer to the problem.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:12 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to 1BAD99
with all the new modular style rifles being produced this won't even be much of an argument anymore. You can have a rifle with the ease of use of an M4 style platform and the punching power of 762. these days. The only question I would bring up is whether the new modular style rifles can take a beating like the good ol' kalishnakov can
Old 07-21-2010, 03:08 PM

i have both, i personally am grabbing the ak when the SHTF, no need to have 50lbs of batteries on my back
Old 08-22-2010, 01:14 PM

I quit at the 5th paragraph because the article is crap. Heres where I stopped to be specific..

"The 7.62mm round in the AK-47 is heavier and larger than the 5.56mm caliber bullet in the M4, and can therefore fly further on average."

Thats so much made up crap as to be criminal. The AK-47 couldnt outreach a AR15 if Jesus himself was shooting the AK.

The AK47 has ballistics very similar to the 30-30. I dont know many guys using a 30-30 out in the flat plains for hunting.

Even the 6.8 isnt really going to solve much in terms of range. The M4 system was never designed to operate much beyond 300 yards. It certainly can, witness Camp Perry for that, but really past 400 or so and you just dont have the right tool for the job. You have a decent tool, and a better tool than your adversary, but not the best.

The 6.8 will definitely bring better terminal ballistics to the table though so it wouldnt be a wasted upgrade.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The problem with the American weaponery was the gas system used in our weapons. The tolerances are so close that the build-up of carbon easily jams the weapon. Direct gas impingment has no room for dirt, carbon, rust etc. AK's are inaccurate yes, but thier gas piston system garuantees reliable operation with minimal maintenance. Stoner was a good man and great for making the weapon of the cold war (long distance accuracy with light weight) but he did not learn from battle proven weapons such as gas piston rifles.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Powerstroke Junkie

I will take my M4 over my AK any day. Far more accessories made for the AR's, to bad ammo isn't as cheap. But I reload so no problem there, not yet any how.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.