Taking our guns away? Whats the chance? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Firearms Discussion Discussion of all types of firearms.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Taking our guns away? Whats the chance?

What do you guys think? I'm looking at buying a few guns right now - but if I buy them - they all will be registered. They all will have paper attached. (shipped and registered through govt & ffl). What is the chance that the government will require me to ever turn them in? I know the chance is slim - but its happened before in different areas. What do you think? Worry about it or just buy them and enjoy shooting for the time being? I'm looking at a .45, another 9mm, and a 20ga.

What would raise a flag to the "big boys with nothing better to do, watchin over us" towards us littlin's buying guns?

Unfortunally finding items without paper is tough now. Also - what about target ranges - do they require some sort of registration when you walk in to shoot? Are names and model / registration numbers off the weapons recorded somewhere?

Not trying to be spastic here but curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2010, 11:53 AM

They'll have to kill me to get mine.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:54 AM
OBS Forever!!!!!!

Just buy second hand guns from individuals so the paper trail goes away.

I have sold every piece of shootin iron I have ever bought.
I can show you a hand written bill of sale to prove it.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Premium Member

Maryland's different than PA. But i have a few firearms that are all registered, several .45 acps, 12 gauge, .300, .204 ruger etc. If you get a pistol I'd recommend having your CC permit. Those guns shouldn't be banned in Maryland. You might want to check this website out, it's helped me a lot with pistol info CCW Reciprocity Info.

It really just depends on what Maryland laws are, and whether the gov't can beat the NRA and other pro gun organizations and citizens, which shouldn't happen anytime soon.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willholl79 View Post
They'll have to kill me to get mine.
I agree with that.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:04 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I've been a gun enthusiast for a very long time and can tell you that the doom & gloomers have been saying that the government is close to taking everybody's guns away FOREVER

Most of it is fund raising I think, then paranoia, then all the anti-government nuts out there

In the 70's all the talk was about undoing the '68GCA and how horrible a restriction it was and that things were never going to be right until it was overturned. Think about this today,,, what it did was to prevent handgun sales through the mail, start the 4473 paper work that said no Felons, Illegal Aliens, or people who renounced their US citizenship or were adjudicated to be mentally ill could be purchasers (although that paperwork remained with the dealer so, who would know if you lied)

Seem pretty tame, kinda a "no brainer" - huh?

So, I say, don't worry about it, forget the reteroric about Hitlers gun seizures and all that nonsense and go buy & enjoy your gun!
Old 02-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRalPh View Post
I've been a gun enthusiast for a very long time and can tell you that the doom & gloomers have been saying that the government is close to taking everybody's guns away FOREVER

Most of it is fund raising I think, then paranoia, then all the anti-government nuts out there

In the 70's all the talk was about undoing the '68GCA and how horrible a restriction it was and that things were never going to be right until it was overturned. Think about this today,,, what it did was to prevent handgun sales through the mail, start the 4473 paper work that said no Felons, Illegal Aliens, or people who renounced their US citizenship or were adjudicated to be mentally ill could be purchasers (although that paperwork remained with the dealer so, who would know if you lied)

Seem pretty tame, kinda a "no brainer" - huh?

So, I say, don't worry about it, forget the reteroric about Hitlers gun seizures and all that nonsense and go buy & enjoy your gun!
Call me a 'doom and gloomer' oif you want, but the current administration is FILLED with commie gun haters! Look at the president, THE MOST anti-gun president of ALL time. There is room for worry, don't convince yourself otherwise

I'm a fan of no paper trail, but if you must, be sure to only buy one a month. They say anymore than that, and you're looking for the feds to visit you, I don't know that to be true, but its what I hear .

Buy your guns, that's my 2 cents
Old 02-18-2010, 01:32 PM
shaking things up

buy em up and keep well supplied on ammo
Old 02-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Premium Member

I'm about to hit a huge payday. My first trip is to pick up two BBG's(Bad Black Guns). I've talked with my local FFL and he is going to help educate me, and help find some.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:22 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
I'm a fan of no paper trail, but if you must, be sure to only buy one a month. They say anymore than that, and you're looking for the feds to visit you, I don't know that to be true, but its what I hear .
That's not true, I think we'd all be better off without spreading those kind of inaccuracies and stick to what we know Not what we "heard" from somebody who's got some other agenda....

This all reminds me of all the Global Warming nonsense. The first time we heard it (30yrs ago Florida was going to lose 11ft of shoreline by 1980 because of the melting Ice Cap) I believed it then, I believed my guns were soon to be taken then too....

Same thing with the "Current Administration wants you guns" they've ALWAYS said it about who's ever in power. In fact, it turned out to be George Bush Sr. who passed the most restrictive, stupid anti-gun legislation, in decades - Who saw that coming? It was going to be either Carter or Clinton we had to fear

I'm telling you, there's an agenda driving all this and it's mostly about getting you do donate $$ to the cause,,,,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.