SuperCab Sub box - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
FABRICATION FORUM Let's see your ideas and work! :)

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
SuperCab Sub box

Hey guys i know that having super/ext. cab can be a pain to put a sub box in, but i have funally solved my problem. I went to the local welding store bought 2x2" square tubing and cut it into peices about 2.5inches long. I then drilled holes in these and bought longer bolts (12mmX100 mm) and used these to hold the seats to the floor. it looks like this
this is the middle one -

this is the one behind the back of the seat in the middle
and these are the front edges

ok so now this solves the problem that the seats are to shallow (cant hold a sub underneath) then i built this box. I kept it out of the way of the jack, and could've built it for more storage space but i have a tool box for that i just keep my tow strap and some paper towels (fastfood at work). but it is nice i can put up dimensions later if you want. this is what the box looks like.

the sub is a 10 inch but it could be made to hold a 12(just make everything bigger) but the storage is actually pretty big. The sub sits about mid way underneath the bigger seat.

Hope this helps some of the ext. cab people because i know i to hell and back to find a way to get to work. and sorry for crappy pics they were cellphone pics.

cody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks good. Only problem I see is that you didnt use MDF and it doesnt look liek you sealed the dges. Box most like is gonna leak. Whats going in the big square opening the amp? Hopefully you selaed the sub inclosure from where the amp incolure is or its really going to leak bad.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:13 PM

post some dimensions. I've had a sub box as my center console for way too long haha. I wouldn't need storage, is there room in there for another 10"
Old 02-26-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89mustaine View Post
post some dimensions. I've had a sub box as my center console for way too long haha. I wouldn't need storage, is there room in there for another 10"
Yea def without a doubt. You can fit 2 10's without lifitng the back seat as well. You just got to run shallow mount subs. Witht hat size box he can probabaly hit 2 12's easy
Old 02-26-2009, 12:18 PM

oh k. on mine there is only 6" or so from the front of the seat to where the floor rises up, wont they stick out a bit? I dont want people putting there feet on my subs lol
Old 02-26-2009, 01:44 PM

buy this box. No way they can come close to your sub since its a down firing box
Car Box Ford F250 F350 Extended Cab

Thread where we talk about supercab subs
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/int...00-ex-cab.html
Old 02-26-2009, 05:37 PM

Im a lil worried that still wont fit under my seat. mine is the early 99, on the site it says 00 and up so there may be a difference I dont know about
Old 02-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Im a lil worried that still wont fit under my seat. mine is the early 99, on the site it says 00 and up so there may be a difference I dont know about
Their rear seats are like a "60/40" design. The bottom is 2 separate pieces where as us 99 guys have a 1 piece seat bottom
Old 02-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysteals View Post
Yea def without a doubt. You can fit 2 10's without lifitng the back seat as well. You just got to run shallow mount subs. Witht hat size box he can probabaly hit 2 12's easy

umm. you could maybe run 12's but the box would have to extend out past the front of the seat. I didnt wanna run shallow mount because i had this one from my mustang, and loved the sound.

Quote:
yes there is but i didnt really want another, and i will post up dimensions later on, i jus got home from work and im tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysteals View Post
Looks good. Only problem I see is that you didnt use MDF and it doesnt look liek you sealed the dges. Box most like is gonna leak. Whats going in the big square opening the amp? Hopefully you selaed the sub inclosure from where the amp incolure is or its really going to leak bad.
No im getting it covered with rhino lining which will seal it more. plus my dad used to build big sub boxes for concert he said all they ever used was plywood. plus the whole inside is sealed, you just can't tell, trust me it is. the square box is just for storage, i have my amp mounted under my passenger seat. every thing is sealed 2 times over, my dad is a perfectionist and my job just wouldnt do! haha
Old 02-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
oh k. on mine there is only 6" or so from the front of the seat to where the floor rises up, wont they stick out a bit? I dont want people putting there feet on my subs lol

yeah as stated before your is a 99 which is different seats. sorry wish i could help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.