Redid ramps on car trailer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
FABRICATION FORUM Let's see your ideas and work! :)

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Redid ramps on car trailer

There was another post about new ramps another guy made and was going to post some pics of my setup there but felt like I was thread stealing so I made a new post. My car trailer had 2 fixed ramps that werent supposed to come off but I let my brother in law borrow my trailer and he decided that he needed them out of the way. After doing that a couple times one of the ears that held the ramps on snapped off while I was pulling a car on, so needless to say I had to fix what was broken even tho I didnt do it. Here are a couple pics of what I did.

The ramps are fully adjustable now and can be taken off by pulling 2 pins on the cold rolled bars. I pulled a 1500 chevy onto the trailer and the ramps didnt even start to bend, I couldnt put anything much heavier on there since the trailer deck is only 14'6". I was goin to use it to put my fourwheeler on and tow a pop up camper behind it but never ended up doing that with the hitch that is in between the ramp bars. The bars are 1" cold rolled steel with a piece of pipe with a 1" opening. The tabs that hold the cold rolled are 1/2" thick. I think adding the hitch in the middle braced the center of the ramps alot since I used a 14" long reciever piece and welded it along the back support. It seems to be holding up good. I put the weld on D-rings on to help strap down cars and the fourwheelers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Those look good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.