12v, tranny, t-case into 97 F350? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
FABRICATION FORUM Let's see your ideas and work! :)

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
12v, tranny, t-case into 97 F350?

I found what I thought might be a very good farm truck. A 97 4X4 F350 with a Cummins and not priced too bad either ($4250). I stopped and looked at it and the conversion is not 100%. The front driveshaft is not connected and the turbo didn't have an intake on or intercooler connected. I didn't talk to the guy selling it yet because I really don't want the headache of finishing somebody else's project. Just by guessing, the 12v, tranny, and transfercase were all dropped in from a Dodge. I figure that's why the front driveshaft is not connected. After some more thinking, I don't know if I will find a diesel powered 4X4 that cheap and was wondering what it would take to make the truck complete. The sign on the windshield did say "cold A/C" so at least that's hooked up.

Anybody done a complete drivetrain swap? What would it take to get the front driveshaft connected if this is the case? Also what else would be a turn off factor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2009, 10:14 AM

Here's the skinny. It's a 97 12v with 120,000 miles on the motor but its leaking a little oil. An adapter out of an F700 or F750 with the Ford ZF5 and Ford Transfer Case. The driveshaft is not connected because it needs to be lengthened. The air filter was not set up right and kept falling off, the owner claims that it's only been driven 100 miles at the most without the filter. Intercooler is there and connected. Truck has 240,000 miles on it, shifter is a little sloppy and some interior pieces are missing. The gauges work except for the tach. It did start right up and sounded decent but I didn't check for blow by. You can tell from the pictures that its been used and why I say it would be a good farm truck. It's at a mom and pop body shop so that explains the fresh coat of paint. Tell me what you think. He said he might be interested in trading my 82 Jeep J10 straight up.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to Cory S
that thing is awesome with a good clean up and a lil work it would make a great truck
Old 10-23-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowmasters40 View Post
that thing is awesome with a good clean up and a lil work it would make a great truck
Thanks.

I think it'll be a great pasture-beater-project truck. I picked it up for $3200. It definitly needs some tinkering. The ball joints, tie rod ends, U-joints & brakes need to be replaced. I have to hunt down the oil leaks and get the front drive shaft lengthened & shifter installed. Of course I need door handles on the inside and a general clean up. It'll never be a show truck but I don't want it to be.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:19 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thats a nice looking truck
Old 10-23-2009, 03:19 PM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

I think it is awesome! I would have bought it if I was looking for a truck
Old 10-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Banned

Thats a neat truck .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.