Wierd injector problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wierd injector problem

I've got an 05 f-250 with a 6 liter.....about 2 months ago my truck started doing some funny things...i would be driving normal speeds and it would loose power and puff out white smoke....after a couple of seconds it would clear up...it did this once a day or so for maybe a week and then it stopped doing it as quickly as it started....and about a week ago it did this again once and the next day it had a slight miss with a small loss of power...i kept driving it until i could get it to the dealership to find out which injector was bad...they told me number 2 was bad along with these other 3 codes: P0113 IAT sensor circuit failure, P0404 EGR Flow, and P2199 IAT correlation. The MIL never came on that was on saturday. Sunday afternoon i started my truck and it was missing really bad now like 2 or 3 injectors were not firing. Monday morning i went to the dealership and bought and injector and after installing it started like expected sounded good and then went back to hammering like 2 injectors are bad. By accident i unplugged the number 2 injector harness and found that the truck started running better like when it was first not running right, slight miss no smoke.. any ideas about this? Ive been a diesel mechanic for years and ive never seen an engine get better after unplugging and injector

Please help

Last edited by bg012283; 06-15-2009 at 06:45 PM. Reason: typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
update

I just picked my truck up from ford....the FCIM was bad causing 3,5,7 to all not work. Also either the # 2 injector that i replaced was bad again so either it was a bad one out of the box or the FCIM ruined it and probably the old one i took out...either way its fixed now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.