6.0 wont crank - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 wont crank

My truck was running very rough then the check engine light came on. Had ford put it on the computer. they told me to replace the IPR , the ICP sensor, the egr valve . Also the branch tube adapter on the high pressure oil pump. I did all of this. The motor wouldn't crank. Took it back to ford and they diagnosed it and told me it needed a high pressure oil pump although before the upgrade it was building 590 PSI now it only builds 300. So i broke down and replaced the HP oil pump. Still wont crank. Please help this is my only vehicle .

Last edited by srffsilvers; 05-30-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2009, 04:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think you need to crank on them a while after this repair to fill the system with oil. I could be wrong but here is a bump.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you for your advise! any idea how long this should typically take? I have cranked until the batteries died and they are new batteries. It is recharging now.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:18 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to zippy557
the other thing could be the FICM and it's not fueling it up right to start it
Old 05-31-2009, 06:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I guess i will have to get a computer to check it again during cranking to see what the issue is. for some reason I think it is still not building the required oil pressure. are there any ways to check the FICM to see if it is working other than the computer?
Old 05-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to zippy557
not sure if there are any other ways to check on it, but if you have done the icp and the other sensors and whatnot the ficm seems to be the last item it could be this is a quote from one of the techs on here if it helps ....

"The Ford part number for a FICM is 4C3Z-12B599-AARM for ALL 6.0L engines from 2003 to current model years, whether it's for an E-Series or F-Series. When you purchase a new one however, it will need to be programmed to your vehicle using Ford's IDS scan tool. Another quick and easy way to confirm the FICM has failed is to connect a scan tool that you can read live data with. Access FICM_L, FICM_M and FICM_V readings at key-on/engine-off. FICM_L and FICM_V readings should be around 12 volts (battery voltage). FICM_M should read between 47.5 to 48.0 volts. These readings should remain the same at key-on/engine-off and key-on/engine running. If you see all three readings decrease (particularly FICM_M) as you attempt to start the engine, or if you increase engine RPM, that's the telltale sign that the FICM has failed with 100% certainty."
Old 06-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

dont know how to help but here is a bump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.