2005 6.0 turbo diesel bogs down after getting on it and pours out white smoke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2005 6.0 turbo diesel bogs down after getting on it and pours out white smoke

Hey guys, I have slight problem. When I get on the gas completely the truck is good. But when I let off the gas a few seconds later the truck will not move and wont rev up. This is also followed by a HUGE cloud of white smoke coming out. It takes about thirty seconds to clear and then it runs fine. It only happens when I mash on the gas !!! Any suggestions ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2009, 02:35 AM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-infidel View Post
Hey guys, I have slight problem. When I get on the gas completely the truck is good. But when I let off the gas a few seconds later the truck will not move and wont rev up. This is also followed by a HUGE cloud of white smoke coming out. It takes about thirty seconds to clear and then it runs fine. It only happens when I mash on the gas !!! Any suggestions ?

EGR Dirty EGR Cooler, Head Gaskets I would start with the egr and delete it cooler and all.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:36 AM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

I forgot to add this................
Old 05-29-2009, 03:03 AM
Serving Our Country!

2nd that, white smoke could be coolant from the EGR leaking and getting combusted
Old 05-29-2009, 04:06 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

boy you guys have him rebuilding this thing , just because a 6.0 blows white smoke doesnt mean egr cooler is bad ,and definitly not head gaskets , if i had to make a decision on this concern , i would say boost pressures are opening your egr valve , its sticking after hard accel, and when you let off and get back on it its stuck open, low power and will cause white smoke from the raw fuel that its dumping trying to compensate from massive internal vacuum leak , pull codes on this truck before maing any repairs
Old 05-29-2009, 05:40 AM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
boy you guys have him rebuilding this thing , just because a 6.0 blows white smoke doesnt mean egr cooler is bad ,and definitly not head gaskets , if i had to make a decision on this concern , i would say boost pressures are opening your egr valve , its sticking after hard accel, and when you let off and get back on it its stuck open, low power and will cause white smoke from the raw fuel that its dumping trying to compensate from massive internal vacuum leak , pull codes on this truck before maing any repairs

Hey Scruffy not to be smart, but I did list the EGR being dirty as the first thing and I thought raw fuel = black smoke.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:01 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFastPadre View Post
Hey Scruffy not to be smart, but I did list the EGR being dirty as the first thing and I thought raw fuel = black smoke.
IIRC :
White smoke= Raw Fuel
Black smoke = partially un-burned fuel
Old 05-29-2009, 06:10 AM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroken04 View Post
IIRC :
White smoke= Raw Fuel
I can accept that.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:12 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFastPadre View Post
am not taking it as being smart , i just wanted to clarify white smoke isnt always egr cooler and in no way head gaskets on a 6.0, when a egr valve is clogged it will not cause white smoke , but if opens when isnt supposed to be it will

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroken04 View Post
IIRC :
White smoke= Raw Fuel
thank you , yes white smoke in a diesel can be coolant but also can be fuel that doesnt get burnt at all, and black is partialy unburned waste fuel , there is a big difference
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.