Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

how do you pull an injector out?

3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  ianstew 
#1 ·
ok i took the valve cover off, then i took the 4 torx bolts off and the black little box on top of the injenctor comes off. then i took the two 8mm bolts out and the one allen bolt out and i tried pulling it out and it wont budge. what else is envolved in taking the injector out?

#2 ·
you have to pry it out.

#3 ·
a small pry bar and steady pressure. check out maintains video in the tech files

#5 ·
I prefer a long bolt threaded into the hole where the oil deflector screw (allen bolt) came out of. It will draw the injector right out without any prying. Prying is acceptable, just pry against something that isn't going to break..

Oh, BTW, you don't need to take the 4 torqs bolts out of the square top piece, nor do you have to take out the inboard 8mm bolt out. Only the outboard 8mm bolt has to come out. Then you slide the fastening girdle towards the engine valley, and it will disengage from the inboard bolt.

#7 ·
where are the two bolts that drain the oil out of the head so when i pull the injectors the oil doesnt flow in? i got the injector out with a little more prying, i do like the idea of putting a bolt in to push it out instead though

#18 ·
That's the one. They are available separately too. The little thing in the upper right of the picture is the part that I don't know what to do with. It came with the remover (long bolt).

The short bolt and the plate are the installer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.