06 wont start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 05:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
06 wont start

OK guys... my 6.0 will start up fine in the morning, but this problem has been progressivly getting worse. As I drive it during the day and it gets hot, then park it.... then I go back to start it back up it takes a while to start. Well this morning after PT (im in the army) I went to jump in my truck... and now it wont start at all. Just cranks and cranks and cranks. Nothing. I was thinkin about going back and changing the fuel filters, or something.... I dont know Im stuck. I wanna stay away from the stealership........ just wondering where to start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2009, 05:55 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwhitley View Post
OK guys... my 6.0 will start up fine in the morning, but this problem has been progressivly getting worse. As I drive it during the day and it gets hot, then park it.... then I go back to start it back up it takes a while to start. Well this morning after PT (im in the army) I went to jump in my truck... and now it wont start at all. Just cranks and cranks and cranks. Nothing. I was thinkin about going back and changing the fuel filters, or something.... I dont know Im stuck. I wanna stay away from the stealership........ just wondering where to start.
Being an '06 model year, it sounds like you have a high pressure oil system leak at the STC fitting and/or the dummy rail plug(s) on the high pressure oil rail(s) have torn the lower o-ring(s). Having this problem will give you the exact symptom you describe. You can change your fuel filters if you want, but this will NOT fix your problem.

May I also suggest you refrain using the term "stealership" in your posts, in the future, since the very people you are seeking help and information from will more than likely be "stealership" employees like myself (see my signature). FYI, if you are less than 100,000 miles this would be covered under your diesel engine warranty with a $100 deductible, which sure as hell beats having to pay the retail cost for this repair.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
Being an '06 model year, it sounds like you have a high pressure oil system leak at the STC fitting and/or the dummy rail plug(s) on the high pressure oil rail(s) have torn the lower o-ring(s). Having this problem will give you the exact symptom you describe. You can change your fuel filters if you want, but this will NOT fix your problem.

May I also suggest you refrain using the term "stealership" in your posts, in the future, since the very people you are seeking help and information from will more than likely be "stealership" employees like myself (see my signature). FYI, if you are less than 100,000 miles this would be covered under your diesel engine warranty with a $100 deductible, which sure as hell beats having to pay the retail cost for this repair.

Thank you for the help... I didnt mean to offend anyone, by saying stealership. I've just been in the motorcycle scene for a long time, and that what they are.... so force of habit, and I will not use it again. My apologies for offending you. So if thats the problem, it will be covered under my powertrain warrenty... thanks a bunch. Reallly.... you just made my day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.