Need Help!! ICP/Turbo issues! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 02:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Need Help!! ICP/Turbo issues!

CEL popped up and reads ICP sensor code, replaced the sensor to no avail, now turbo drops off randomly while driving. checked wires on sensor and they seem good. If i cannot find a cause/solution for this the company is going to sell our baby! please help.

2005 F-450 Superduty. 6.0L Turbo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2009, 03:16 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

need to know what code , there are 20 different ones for icp, give me the code and ill tell you what is wrong
Old 04-28-2009, 05:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Shot in the dark

Lost the original code readout and cannot get it scanned today, we are almost positive the code was the p2286, ICP signal is higher than specified value. We just need to know what we have to replace/repair because it's been to Ford (Swapped the sensor, wiped the code, said it was good... it wasn't) and a second mechanic, (checked the wires, made a repair to them, could not get authorization from enterprise to replace the harness.) and now the problem has been kinda kicked to the back burner. If i can bring a definitive answer to the powers that be i might be able to save the truck.

A complete list of symptoms includes,
Occasional rough idle.
Stalled out while warming up once.
Turbo gauge stops functioning intermittently, almost positive the turbo has cut out when this happens.
More power on the highway and during acceleration.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:15 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

p2286 is definitly a wiring issue , if sensor is new the whole connector really needs to be replaced , if that doesnt fix it then need to folow wiring back to pcm to see if there are any rubbing anywhere , 05 was not bad for that just sensor and connector , you still may have a turbo issue , maybe even egr valve causing low power concern , doesnt make since to get rid of a truck just for a small problem
Old 04-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just need the parts now.....

Anyone know where i can find the wiring harness for sale? No luck searching the web. Is this strictly a ford direct part?

Oh yeah, new issue... While driving down the highway, this is the second time it has happened, begin to hear a sound like someone just turned on a vacuum cleaner under the hood. I'm leaning towards the turbo..... Had a truck just die on us last week, making that sound, but it was constant, this one like i said happened twice and only for a few seconds.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:35 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxton46 View Post
Anyone know where i can find the wiring harness for sale? No luck searching the web. Is this strictly a ford direct part?

Oh yeah, new issue... While driving down the highway, this is the second time it has happened, begin to hear a sound like someone just turned on a vacuum cleaner under the hood. I'm leaning towards the turbo..... Had a truck just die on us last week, making that sound, but it was constant, this one like i said happened twice and only for a few seconds.
turbo isnt the problem, more than likely egr is opening when it shouldnt , dont need whole harness , just the connector which you can buy from ford
Old 04-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Talking

Thanks for all the information, really appreciate it, I'd hate to see a good truck die young. One more question, EGR was replaced about 20,000 back, would this lead you to beleive there may be another underlying issue with it? Or is this a frequently replaced part? These trucks take a beating doing what we do, clocking almost 70,000 in a year and a half. Could this be the cause of the EGR problem?
Old 04-28-2009, 09:27 PM

yes!!! if you let the truck idle for long periods it will make it more frecuent also check the ficm it may be on its way out.....any smoke or anything else?
Old 04-30-2009, 07:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter254 View Post
yes!!! if you let the truck idle for long periods it will make it more frecuent also check the ficm it may be on its way out.....any smoke or anything else?

No smoke, just the symptoms above.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Angry P2286 also

Hey guys. I am getting the p2286 also but the truck still runs good and the mileage has gotten bad. Get kind of a rough start when cold outside but when warmed up runs good. Ive been trying to chase the problem down for a few weeks now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.