Need help with oil leak that started while pulling RV - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 07:06 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help with oil leak that started while pulling RV

03-F250 4x4,89K miles.
My GF's Dad was pulling his Camper yesterday and next thing he knows he is sending a Mist of oil out the back of his truck..He was pulling it thru Hilly terrain and it was VERY windy. Said he lost power like the turbo gave out then it picked back up again. He pulled over and noticed that the front of the rv was covered in a mist of oil. looked under the truck and it looks like it had been armor all'd..
I looked at it this morning and Found that when idleing there is a constant drip coming from the TOP Rear of the engine. You cant see it from above but if i crawl under the truck and look up on the driver side between the tranny and engine I can see the drip. Im thinking it might be a turbo oil line,but I have no experience on Powerstrokes. I have a cummins.
The oil was changed on wed,and drove fine with no leaks,no problems untill he pulled his Rv.
When he starts the truck up, it takes a few seconds for the oil pressure guage to show any pressure,where as before it was almost instant. Im thinking it might be because he is low on oil, but he is afraid to add anymore because of over filling.
He is extremely anal about maintance and changes all the filters before the scheduled time.He has also owned the truck since new.
Right now the truck is sitting in his driveway and this is his only car, can any one help??? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.