truck died....no start.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 06:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
truck died....no start....

like it says this morining i was on my way to school and i was bout ready to shift between 4th and 5th and all of a sudden my truck died.....now it wont start....i even tried to lit it with either and nothin...it just rolled over quick with the either shots then stopped.....so i think its my fuel filters again....i fukin hate the beans system...the filters are odd ball as hell and no one has them.....or its somethin else....i took the top off my 5micron filter and barely any fuel came out whereas on my 30micron it dumped out so im guessing that the filter is clogged again....it seems like so far out of the 5months ive had this truck i think i put new filters on 3times this will be #4....so any ideas are welcom.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2009, 06:50 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You have a gauge on the system? What kind of fuel pressure are you seeing? If poor I would try to find where your fuel contamination is coming from.If OK maybe a CPS. JJ
Old 03-31-2009, 07:14 AM

idk what my pressure is the truck isnt running......and im the only 1 here so i cant roll it over nad watch
Old 03-31-2009, 07:17 AM

i know its not getting fuel....there is absolutly no smoke from my stack......
Old 03-31-2009, 09:47 AM

nobody has anything???? i watched my fuel pressure and it was at 50 where it would normally be at 65.....i cant figure it out....why wont it start.....could it be my hpop took a sh!t??????
Old 03-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Too cool for school

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to taylorking Send a message via Yahoo to taylorking
Old 03-31-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Power View Post
nobody has anything???? i watched my fuel pressure and it was at 50 where it would normally be at 65.....i cant figure it out....why wont it start.....could it be my hpop took a sh!t??????
50 psi is plenty to get it to start. Yes your HPOP could have taken a poo but I do not think that is the issue. Have you checked your fuses? Maybe the fuel bowl heater shorted and took out the fuse? Do you have a spare CPS you could try?
Old 03-31-2009, 11:02 AM

my dad talked to the ford dealer and he said pri not my hpop....could be but pri not.....i have lots of fuel..i took the line off and rolled it over and covered my engine with fuel.....i dont have the fuel bowl thing any more with my beans system...atleast i dont think i do...my filters are on my frame....by the tanks.....then a line goes up to a 3 way thing....1 goes to the back of my driver side head...1 to the pass side head and 1 to my fuel line....thats where i took the line off.....
Old 03-31-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Power View Post
my dad talked to the ford dealer and he said pri not my hpop....could be but pri not.....i have lots of fuel..i took the line off and rolled it over and covered my engine with fuel.....i dont have the fuel bowl thing any more with my beans system...atleast i dont think i do...my filters are on my frame....by the tanks.....then a line goes up to a 3 way thing....1 goes to the back of my driver side head...1 to the pass side head and 1 to my fuel line....thats where i took the line off.....
Did you read my response above? What were your findings?
Old 03-31-2009, 05:03 PM

yeah i read it...i dont have a fuel bowl heater....its gone along with my pump....and canister....all i have is my hpop up in my vally....the only thing we came up with is that the fuel regulator(on the side of the hpop) is sticking or somethin...possibly closed....its the only thing we can think of....one of my dads buddies that does diesels said the same thing...so idk im gonna change that and if it dont work idk what im gonna do....also its kicking no codes....which sucks.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.