help code p1211 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
help code p1211

does anyone know what causes this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to gbear
Maybe This Will Help

Maybe this will help It is from the "Dieslemans Site under Tech Info"

Jim

Loss of power, usually after a hard acceleration; Rough idle; Check engine light comes on, DTC P1211:
Intermittent high pressure oil leakage.
This condition usually occurs when the vehicle is cold and the oil is thick. When performing a hard acceleration, the truck suddenly looses power, the check engine light comes on, and once returning to idle the engine runs rough and won't accelerate. Cycling the key may correct the concern, clearing the code from the PCM will correct it temporarily. If you can monitor data stream, at idle the ICP pressure normally is 400-700 PSI and the IPR duty cycle is 9-14%; at cruise, ICP is 700-1200 pSI and IPR is 15-20%; under normal acceleration, ICP is 1200-2000 PSI and IPR is 20-30%; and under WOT accel, the ICP is up to 3600 PSI and the IPR is 35% or higher. When the above symptom occurs, typically the idle ICP reading will be normal, but the IPR duty cycle will be high--over 20% and up to the max 50%. A "blow-by" condition has occured somewhere in the HP oil circuit. If you can get the problem to re-occur with some frequency, the most probable cause is worn or deteriorated injector or IPR o-rings. If the problem is intermittent, it could be a sticking IPR valve. Replace the injector o-rings with the latest-level kits--F8TZ-9229-AA. When replacing the IPR, make sure you get the correct part for the build date/serial number of your engine.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to gbear
RE: Also

In some of the other model info I have they say to check you oil condition and level.

Jim
Old 01-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

oil is good and its full. and the real problem is the truck wont start except once in a bluemoon it fires and as long as you hold it revved to 2000 plus rpms it stays running lower than that and she dies and wont restart for many tries
Old 12-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just replaced the o rings for the IPR on my 96 ford powerstroke. worked fine for 5 days however it still through a code if the RPM go over 2000 RPM. What should I do next?
Old 12-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Do you have a chip on your rig?
Old 12-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes I have the superchip. I don t know if this is part of my problem but when I started it today, the temperture outside is 33 degrees, I backed out of the driveway maintaining about 1000 RPM with the brake slighly pressed. Any how this is when the problem started again. For the 5 days prior I put the truck through some pretty hard conditions. I exactly thought the truck ran better and very responsive after replacing the o rings.

The oil is not a problem because I just fixed a oil leak that was on the passenger side oil pan. I had to weld a new fitting on the side of the pan. Any how the oil is fresh besides I flushed the system out several times before running it.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It is an Injector Control Pressure - out of limits - i.e. Too High or Too Low
Old 09-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97crewcabpsd View Post
does anyone know what causes this?
Sorry this is not my condition. I,m not having any driveabilty issues. IPR & ICP have been replaced in my case. What I am seeing when I graph the ICP & IPR is a high spike thats commanded by the ECU. My only though is there may be a droop before the spike that I'm not catching. Thanks anyway. Votan John.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Diesel Newbie With Same Code

I've been reading this thread and I haven't found the answer to why my 2000 Excurion PSD is throwing code p1211 other than hard excelleration when cold. I usually warm up my PSD but had to leave home quickly. I pulled out of the neigborhood onto the highway with a little more peddle than normal. I would say I only brought it up to about 8-9psi. Right after than the servie engine soon light came on. Keep in mind I have had no issues with this rig....it's got 138k on it and documented maintenance records since showroom floor. It started up just fine and after the light came on it didn't run any different or idle any different at the stop lights. In fact before I brought it to the shop it hasn't been running or sounding weird at all. It's been in shop for two days now and they aren't figuring it out and it is now to the point where I need to look for some other shop to check it out. Does anyone have any thoughts? I don't have any of the other symptoms the other members are describing. I just changed the oil and fuel filter 500mi ago. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.