Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

engine quit and won't start

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  papahawk 
#1 ·
my 2000 F450 quit while driving with no warning and no lights came on.
I checked and changed the fuel filter, checked all fuses and relays.
I also checked the fuel reset button and the fuel heater.
I had a Genisis code reader hooked to it and the only code is EXHAUST BACKPRESSURE SENSOR MALFUCTION.
I don't think that has anything to do with my problem but you never know.
I also changed the camshaft sensor.
The filter housing is full of fuel, it seems as if there is a fuel shutoff keeping the from getting to the injectors.
If anyone has any ideals to help with my problem it would be very appreciated.
thanks

#2 ·
Hey redeye2 wished I could help diagnose your problem! Post your problem up in this part of the forumhttp://www.powerstroke.org/forum/engine-911/Better chance one of the tech guys with more knowledge than me will see it!:D

#3 ·
My 2000 F350 just did the same thing as yours Saturday. I did everything that you did to troubleshoot it except for hooking up a code reader. I even put in a new cam sensor because I've replaced those 2 other times. I'm not sure how the fuel system is routed, but the filter housing is getting pressure on it as I crank the engine over. The guy who usually works on my engine will be in tomorrow. I'm hoping he will have an idea. If he does i'll let you know

#5 ·
:eek: my F450 quit with no warning and no lights came on.
i change my fuel filter, the cps, checked the fuel heater and all the fuses and relays. I hooked up a Genisis code reader and tested all the injectors and checked the codes. The only code that came up is EXHAUST BACK PRESSURE SENSOR MALFUNCTION. I don't think that's the problem.
I also checked the fuel reset button and it was ok. The engine oil is full and same with the fuel.
Is there a fuel shutoff that i don't know about because the fuel is not getting past the filter housing. The engine light is not coming on, the wait to start light is working fine and so are the glow plugs.
Please help thank you.

#7 ·
Mine doing the same thing

My F350 went into the shop today doing the same thing yours is & in about an hour they found that it was the control module (IBM?) for the fuel injection. Its going to cost $900 & some odd dollars to repair. Also the ICP sensor showed being at fault but with the new module in it was ok. Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.