please help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow00si
please help

I made another thread a couple days ago and havent gotten much help so straycat told me to post it in here and i dont really want to rewrite everything so here is the link, i need to figure this out asap because i have to let it run about 20 minutes before its even driveable and it gets about 11mpg normal driving, so if you have any info please help me out and i would greatly appreciate it

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/7-3...-terrible.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2007, 12:04 PM
The Fat Mod

Marc or Jon or Scott or DJ or any other techs, I think this one is for yall
Old 01-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Nuckin' Futz

I posted this on your other thread by accident so ill post it back here. This is what it sounds like to me:

as much as i hate to say it, it might be the ECM...if the injectors are failing then not that sounds to me like the Injector Driver Module (IDM)...WIth you putting those voltages up and asking about the map signal...that is not right it shouldn't even be more than 5 psi at wide open throttle with tranny in neutral(no load). These things are telling me that something is not communicating properly..obviously...if the ecm is sending commands to the engine based off of stuff its making up (default settings)then of course your engine is going to run rough. I know it sounds dumb but have you tried to see if those sensors are plugged in. I know that the IAT intake air temp will cause a no cold start. I just seems odd that the dash light isn't on...almost like the ECM is storing old codes and operating off them. I say the ECM and/or the IDM are bad.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

just a guide i bought my IDM rebuilt and upgraded for 100 and sent them my core. i got it at beansdieselperformance.com. along with my injectors they were cheaper than the dealership too. just so you know my dad had a tire come apart on his truck and it tripped the fuel pump circuit breaker and we did not even know that there was a circuit breaker. so we put our scanner on it and it threw a bunch of codes not even related to the fuel pump. just sayin could be a simple problem that is throwin alot of codes.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yea i checked all the connections and everything is plugged in but if you need anymore data info let me know and ill jot everything down monday morning at work and post it.
But i would really like to figure it out before i go spending money to fix nothing. and the p0605 code which is internal ctrl module rom error is that a ecm or idm code?
Old 01-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Nuckin' Futz

Hey buddy got some answers for you. I looked it up in my shops service manual. P0605 internal control module Rom failure...well it is cause by an internal failure in your PCM..or some like to call it ECM...not your IDM...the trouble shooting guide says clear the codes...and drive it...if the code comes back it is the PCM aka ECM. So it sounds like your PCM/ECM is toast. Hopefully thats the problem and hopefully it fixes it.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Nuckin' Futz

hey before you go replacing ecms though check your fuses...it could be as simple as a blown fuse. The ECM has a fuse and if its blown...i don't know how...but the engine might still run but act up.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

NAPA sells the PCM(ECM) and they are only like 150 bux orso. i had to buy one for my truck. make sure you know your calibration code before you go and buy one they have to have it. and the PCM is sunk into the firewall on the drivers side. not real hard to get out either.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDiesel View Post
NAPA sells the PCM(ECM) and they are only like 150 bux orso. i had to buy one for my truck. make sure you know your calibration code before you go and buy one they have to have it. and the PCM is sunk into the firewall on the drivers side. not real hard to get out either.
ive cleared the code before and it came back so i guess its a ecm then, and how do i figure out the calibration code? but ill check all the fuses before i order one.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It had 2 blown fuses in the engine bay but after i replaced them it has no change, and which one is the ecm because there are 2 modules down there next to each other is it the one closest to the motor or closest to the fender?

And our napa doesnt carry ecm's for my truck i allready checked our napa online catalog from our shop they have ecms for the 5.4 and the v10 but nothing for the 7.3. so i guess im going to have to price it from ford since we get discounts on stuff from them too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.