Need a little help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 05:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Need a little help!

Yesterday morning driving home from work I stopped at a red light and i noticed that my truck was missing. i drove it the one block to my house and let it idle while i looked at the codes with my outlook monitor. it had codes p0275,p2285. looked then up inside one is #5 cylinder balance power and the other is Injector control pressure senor circuit low. the miss would go away as soon as the engine rpm where increased. so i went to work last night and buy the time i arrived the truck was running like crap. i took it in the shop and looked at the codes again, this time there was p0263,p0269,p0275,p0360,p2285,u3560. # 1,3,5cylinders.
when i leave the truck running for about ten minutes it almost dies several times and has no power, it does not knock or make any noises just runs like crap. also noticed that the alternator was so hot that i almost burnt my hand on it! I unhooked the alt. has anyone ever heard of this before? I need a little help as i am 500 miles from home at work and need this truck to drive home in six days!

thanks in advance for any help
Dean Janzen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2009, 01:58 PM

bump this up
Old 03-21-2009, 06:16 AM

So a replaced the alternator and all the electrical codes went away and changed the fuel filters. good thing? no,the truck starts and runs fine when cold but as soon as it warms up it run rough a little smoke out the exhaust has very low power. when you rev it up its a dog until about 1500 rpm then it takes off. i took it for a test drive around the block and when you get it over 1500 the thing has all the power that it had before. but if you let it come down to idle it will stall and not restart until the engine is cold again. then it will fire right up like there is nothing wrong. what the f--- is going on and in two days i need to drive 500 miles home with it can someone give me an idea of what to look at.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

when it dies on you and won't restart, does the tach move at all when your cranking on it? if not - cps. maybe check uvc harness connectors too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.