Gasoline in Fuel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2007, 01:11 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gasoline in Fuel

Need help here guys, wife just called she put 5 gals. unleaded in the tank of our new Powerstroke before she realized what she was doing.
Got local ford garage, service advisors cell number he said fill it up with diesel and drive it! But hes about half full of s _ _ t wanted more trusted advise. Thanks in advance.
P.S. its OUR new Powerstroke only when theres a problem!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2007, 01:14 PM
I LIKE CHROME :)

Send a message via MSN to power95
drop the tank, just to be safe.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:03 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Gasoline in Fuel

Fill that baby up until the diesel comes out the filler neck. Put cap on it and drive it. I have done that one time in my life. I was tired been out huntin all day. Fuel light came on on my way home. Pulled into the fuel station grabbed the wrong handle and just started pumpin didn't realize it until I had 4 gallons in the truck. I stopped the pump. Put the handle on the pump and started over with the diesel. I filled up that baby with as much diesel as I could. Then I drove. After that tank was gone I changed the fuel filter. I have 137,000 on my truck and no problems with the engine. If anything it will clean the injectors for ya. That is what I was told by a diesel mechanic here in michigan that has built diesel engines his whole life.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:16 PM
The Fat Mod

I have heard both, it is a pain dropping the tank, but it would def be the safest thing to do. But I have heard of guys running a few gallons of gas in theirs. Maybe someone that knows a little more than I do will chime in here in a min.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:23 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Gasoline in Fuel

I was told to just fill it up with as much diesel as i could get in the tank. The guy that told me this works at a Diesel shop in Blissfield Mi. The shop name is Mid-Michigan Diesel. They build pulling engines and do nothing but diesel he told me as long as it is under half a tank it would be fine. If it was half tank or more then I would have to drop the tank and drain it, Or pump all the gas out and refill with diesel. I opted for the Fill with Diesel and drive it. My truck ran pretty good for about 5 tanks after that. I asked the same mechanic what will be hurt if i do run it with the gas diesel mix. He said as long as it is 60% diesel or more it will only clean the injectors. I have to agree with him I think all did was clean my injectors. Like I said in my first post I got 137,000 miles on my truck and I did this when I had about 90,000 miles on it. I have had no problems with my engine at all. Oh by the way it makes a differnce on the Octane level to. I did it with the cheap stuff 87 octane. He said if it was 91 or 93 octane then it is a bigger problem because the gas will break down the diesel.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:26 PM
The Fat Mod

BC, yours is a 7.3, and his is a 6oh, might be a little different on the different motors. I am not saying that you are wrong. I would just want to make doubly sure about it before I ran it. I have heard that it will clean your injectors before. I guess I would just be skeered.

Last edited by Logan; 01-07-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:28 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

I would drain it even on my old 7.3.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:34 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Gasoline in Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrs3633 View Post
BC, yours is a 7.3, and his is a 6ph, might be a little different on the different motors. I am not saying that you are wrong. I would just want to make doubly sure about it before I ran it. I have heard that it will clean your injectors before. I guess I would just be skeered.
That is correct brrs3633, I have seen this on here before but I don't know if that person had a 6.0 or a 7.3. But this has been posted a few times.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:08 PM

I called her back and told her to fill it up till it overflowed then drive it, when she got home she said it had alot more power!
So, I got in it and drove it to town, and its a noticeable power gain! I toped off the tank again just to make myself feel better.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Banned

I think I would dump about a quart of Power Service or a similar lubricity additive to that tank. The 6.0 injectors seem to be very sensitive and a little expensive also. For $6 or $7 you got nothing to lose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.