My 96 f350 went wide open throttle - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My 96 f350 went wide open throttle

First off I tried a search and did not come up with much on this. I was leaving a light and stepped on the acc pedal. The truck lurched and jumped and missed a couple of times and then took off like a bat out of hell. I let off the pedal when it started to fish tail and I was only a quarter down on the throttle. I finally had to turn it off to get the throttle to drop to normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 02-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Mod Newbie


 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 12,726
Thanks: 6
Thanked 114 Times in 107 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingn View Post
First off I tried a search and did not come up with much on this. I was leaving a light and stepped on the acc pedal. The truck lurched and jumped and missed a couple of times and then took off like a bat out of hell. I let off the pedal when it started to fish tail and I was only a quarter down on the throttle. I finally had to turn it off to get the throttle to drop to normal.
Sounds like a possible TPS problem. Do you have any way to check for codes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 02-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There is no light that came on. I will try to pull codes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 02-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Mod Newbie


 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 12,726
Thanks: 6
Thanked 114 Times in 107 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingn View Post
There is no light that came on. I will try to pull codes.
It can store codes with no light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 02-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was talking to a Ford diesel mech and he was saying to maybe change the oil. Dirty oil could be messing up the injection pump. ???? Does that make since? I have not pulled codes as of yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 02-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Mod Newbie


 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 12,726
Thanks: 6
Thanked 114 Times in 107 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingn View Post
I was talking to a Ford diesel mech and he was saying to maybe change the oil. Dirty oil could be messing up the injection pump. ???? Does that make since? I have not pulled codes as of yet.
He's full of it. For one thing, there is no injection pump. The throttle is purely electronic and oil level or condition won't have anything to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors