Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

99 cranks, no tach, no CE or glow plug lights

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  helander14312 
#1 · (Edited)
Like it says its a 99 450, 7.3 auto 4x4. Was running to use the PTO, then it just died, Already changed the cam sensor. Its sitting in a customers driveway so any help would be hugely apreciated. All the lights come on for the oil and abs etc. but there is no check engine or wait to start lights and the tach doesnt move when cranking. It will not even connect to a scanner to pull codes. Is it the PCM, I am stumped, I checked all the fuses also.

P.S. I would have it towed and worry about it later but were rebuilding a bridge and well its not on the right side of the creek...

#5 ·
On mine that fuse is under the dash. It's a 30amp. Right side of the fuse panel, towards the bottom. Can't remember the number.

#6 ·
I think there is a PCM relay too that can go out. You can swap it with something that you don't need to start the truck, like the AC relay, but I'm not sure which is which and what not. I will look and see.

#9 ·
I knew it was in different places on different years. Didn't think about it being different between early and late 99.

#11 ·
Well if the wait to start light isn't coming on the PCM isn't getting power. A lot of times it is that fuse. It could be the PCM relay, I'll see if I can figure out where it is. You could check and make sure the PCM plug didn't come loose. It shouldn't be able to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.