Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Nov 2006
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Low mileage truck ENGINE MISS / HELP!
I just bought a 1997 FORD F-350 crew cab dually with a SHOW TRUCKS USA Conversion package and 49-k actual miles! 7.3L diesel, auto.
Truck has been setting I know for sure since Oct 2008. Has bad batteries and cable ends.
1) Truck had to be juiced to start it
2) Runs rough at idle, but takes the fuel and runs perfect down the road. idle the truck up just a bit and runs great.
3) After driving I turned it of and tried to restart, turned over great but would not fire off until I shot it again.
What I have done so far:
1) I checked the harness going to the valve covers, all 4 felt tight, right front had some oil around the plug when I removed it.
2) Started pulling my hair out.
I thought I should know what and where to look, but I am lost!