Truck wont start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Angry Truck wont start

I have posted this over on the 99-03 7.3 as well. I have a 99 7.3 psd with 225,000 miles. Last week the truck wouldnt start I took it to a dealership thinking CPS. They stated it was low voltage codes. I replaced a battery got the truck home the next morning wouldnt start. The service manager gave me a new CPS I changed it and still wont start. I have replaced the fuel filter, checked the HPOP (oil was about 1" down), and have had a battery charger on it. Still wont start. There are no mods to the motor. Any help would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Check the high pressure oil pump if the pressure is OK then it could be a leak in one of the injectors, it happed to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:59 AM
BRS BRS is offline
Premium Member
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 207
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Are you turning it over fast enough, or is it limping along on just one battery? Also, not knowing where you live (and how cold it is), have you plugged it in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 01-29-2009, 09:06 AM
I don't know nuttin....

 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tuttle, OK
Posts: 17,154
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by emolas View Post
I have posted this over on the 99-03 7.3 as well. I have a 99 7.3 psd with 225,000 miles. Last week the truck wouldnt start I took it to a dealership thinking CPS. They stated it was low voltage codes. I replaced a battery got the truck home the next morning wouldnt start. The service manager gave me a new CPS I changed it and still wont start. I have replaced the fuel filter, checked the HPOP (oil was about 1" down), and have had a battery charger on it. Still wont start. There are no mods to the motor. Any help would be great.
you replaced one battery only? Alway a good idea to change them both. check the GPR and verify your getting heat to the glow plugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 01-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I only replaced one battery because the other tested fine. I do have a Stancor GPR on the way which I will replace tomorrow (wanted to upgrade anyway). The HPOP had oil about 1" down but I am not sure as far as injectors. It has been plugged in for several days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 01-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did you checked the oil pressure of the injector pump while cranking the engine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 01-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEAN4X4 View Post
Did you checked the oil pressure of the injector pump while cranking the engine?
I have not yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 01-29-2009, 11:40 AM
I don't know nuttin....

 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tuttle, OK
Posts: 17,154
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The new GPR will likely do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 01-29-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't know nuttin....

 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tuttle, OK
Posts: 17,154
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by emolas View Post
I only replaced one battery because the other tested fine. I do have a Stancor GPR on the way which I will replace tomorrow (wanted to upgrade anyway). The HPOP had oil about 1" down but I am not sure as far as injectors. It has been plugged in for several days.
Yeah but it will go bad reall soon as well and when it does, you may not know it and that will fry your alternator for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors