EBPV keeps engaging after changing HPOP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EBPV keeps engaging after changing HPOP

So we just changed out the 15* pump with a 17* pump and changed the oil. we took the truck for a drive BEFORE we did this, and the EBPV did NOT come on at all. so we just finished with the pump, and oil change, took it for a spin after it warmed up and its running like a dog. the EGT's were the first thing we noticed it was never below 800 no matter how easy it was driven. then we heard the EBPV keep engaging and i have never heard it engage before. so i cruised at 55mph and egt's would spike to 1000 and the EBPV would flutter. If i would get into it a little bit i could not hear the EBPV anymore but the EGT's would get pretty high up to 1000. The ONLY thing that was done was the pump and an oil change. so i would not want to disconnect the rod because that seems to just be a bandaid to this problem since everything was working just fine a few hours earlier. Please help since i have to drive down to NC on monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to harrys91rs
The ebpv is suppose to open when you get on it, or when it gets up to operating temp. The Engine oil temp sensor controls the ebpv, located on the reservoir on top of hpop, maybe the connector is loose or the sensor is bad. Check you DTC's to see if you have any codes too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.