Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bad batch of fuel water contaiminated.

686 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Hardline 
#1 ·
04 F550 with 6.0. Truck has Motorcraft filters in it. I got a bad load of fuel last night and about 100 miles into the day today my water in fuel light came on. I pulled over in probably less than one mile and drained the water out of the filter housing. Another 40 miles it came on again pulled over immediately and drained again. I drove another 150 tonight and it did not come back on but there was some in it because I drained it after I got home tonight I guess just not enough to turn the light on yet.

So what really needs to be done? I know in a perfect situation I should drop the tank and clean, flush the lines, change filters, and totally clean everything but I am extremely busy and really do not have time to do that. Someone forgot to tell some of my customers that we are in a recession and they should save their money. Which is good for me but. Will the filter and water separator catch all of the water and I just need to keep draining or will I mess up my injectors? I do not have the time to completely flush everything but nor do I have time to be down with injector issues. Thanks JJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.