I went too fast, now somthing is LEAKING - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I went too fast, now somthing is LEAKING

ok, I know this sounds and seems stupid in after thought but.......I was leaving walmart tonite and went to get on the bypass, ( about 10 mi of nothing but striaght 4 lane), and a little Acura that was in front of me nailed the gas and took off. I was not in a hurry and not looking for trouble but the lil devil on my shoulder urged me to do it. I nailed it too. I was gaining on him preeety darn good and my gps hit 132 mph and held it for about 2 mi. I dont know who the guy was but he was not ticked off or anything by me taking him as a matter of fact from the look on his face he was pretty amazed that this behemoth had the sack to do it. Anyway enuf braggin, I got home and let the thing idle for about 10 minutes and cut it off. When I did I noticed a little smoke or steam coming from the wiper cowl. I popped the hood and there was liquid up on top of the power steering cap and on the brake booster/master cyl. cap. I cant tell what it is... I was kinda hard on the brakes when I got to my driveway could it be a brake over pressure? What did I just do to my truck??? I am about 12 days and 200 miles over my warranty!!

Its an 04 6.0 FX4 with 100, 189 miles any help or input would be greatly appreciated. I plan on running to see Jeff at Slick Trick after new years. I'll be pimpin the 5.0 till then.

By the way, I'll be posting most of this again in another thread. If I screwed it up beating a sports car why not brag, right??!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 10:59 PM

youre a cop and youre street racing?
Old 12-30-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3322 View Post
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......
Old 12-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3322 View Post
Old 12-30-2008, 11:39 PM

I wouldnt call it a "race" more like a case of the DUMB### the testosterone made me do it. But who wouldnt do it? I didnt know my truck had it in her to be honest. I can only imagine what the guy thought when he saw what passed him. It was stupid though.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:01 AM

haha im just giving ya a bad time, you sound like a chill cop.

anyways...Hopefully someone with some knowledge can help you answer the question that this thread was intended for lol
Old 12-31-2008, 03:04 AM
im fat and ugly

sounds like the degas bottle is puking, probably blown head gaskets
Old 12-31-2008, 04:14 AM
Emergency Services

Hold on there. Do you still have an EGR cooler on there, or have you yanked it out? Do you have your truck tuned? What I think it is, based on what you signature says, is that your Exhaust Gas Temperatures got way too high, and it caused your coolant to boil in your EGR cooler, and it forced your de-gas bottle to puke. Do you have gauges?

Your Sig doesn't say anything about a gauges or an EGR delete. And if it is not tuned, that doesn't mean that you can't cause the thing to puke on stock tuning. The 6.0 is already a hot tuned motor.

What I would suggest is check the liquid once it gets light out side, and it will probably be coolant. Check the coolant bottle to see how much is missing. Check your oil to see if there is any water in it. If there is no water in the oil, then refill the bottle and take it for a drive. See if it immediately starts blowing it out again.

You may have cracked your EGR cooler, in which case it won't get better now that it's cooled off. If you only overheated the cooler, then it could have survived, and you have a lesson learned.

The other possibility is that you did blow a head gasket, but I don't think so. With a stock turbo, stock tuning, etc, it is generally not going to blow a head gasket. 6.0's are known for having bad gaskets and weak head bolts, but usually when they fail it because of abuse (tuners, big turbos and injectors). Some stock ones will fail too.

So, to further diagnose this, you need to tell everyone what else the truck has.
EGR, tuning, other mods, what gauges, etc. This will fill in the other pieces of the puzzle.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibenson View Post
Hold on there. Do you still have an EGR cooler on there, or have you yanked it out? Do you have your truck tuned? What I think it is, based on what you signature says, is that your Exhaust Gas Temperatures got way too high, and it caused your coolant to boil in your EGR cooler, and it forced your de-gas bottle to puke. Do you have gauges?

So, to further diagnose this, you need to tell everyone what else the truck has.
EGR, tuning, other mods, what gauges, etc. This will fill in the other pieces of the puzzle.

If hes running Erics tunes his egts shouldn't be too high. I only hit 1400 a couple of times and it goes back down to 1100-1200 and thats on his Extreme Race Stud tune. From 50-100 or so.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:43 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Its tuned by someone or he wouldn't have hit 132mph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.