02 7.3 pouring diesel/oil must get running - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
02 7.3 pouring diesel/oil must get running

Hey y'all,

I have a 02 f-250 7.3 with 255k on the ticker. I have had some issues with the truck over the last few months, but have been slowly fixing everything. Last night I came up to the drive way and the curb smacked my tire pretty good and I noticed a jolt. When I got out I noticed that I had a small trail of oil leading up to about a 10 inch wide pool right under the truck. I backed the truck out and put on the street so it would not leak on the driveway. Today I noticed that diesel was also leaking with the truck, and I started it up to take it to a shop. I came back after 5 mins to let it warm up and the diesel was pouring out the bottom of the truck; on the passengers side by the exhaust tubing and the starter. When I say pouring it probably dropped a gallon in 5 mins. I also noticed that a fair amount of oil was leaking as well. Sorry for the long post I would really like some help, money is a factor and I use the truck for work; where I drive about 100 miles a day Not having this truck severely impacts my life and I cannot get to work.

I have noticed small oil leak going on for some time. I recently had the oil changed, fuel filter, and oil filter and the mechanic I took it to said nothing was out of place; so I am having a hard time where to start on the diesel leak. I am assuming the oil is the HPOP. There is significant oil in the valley and I have had a hunch it has been ready to go. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by penderman5; 05-20-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2014, 10:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Look above the pass ft tire, you'll see a 3/8" metal tube, against the motor that ends there, it's the drain for the bowl (yellow lever you slide to the side). See if the fuel is coming from there, if it is then it's because the O-Rings in that drain have failed (an easy fix).

For the oil, here's an interesting video, BUT I have to warn you about this guy,,,, he makes Great Videos, that Does NOT make him infallible. He's got some really GOOFY theories (not about this though) So, don't take him as your Guru, as many do Confirm his advice on anything else he says

POWERSTROKEHELP.COM - The Information Source for Ford Power Stroke Diesel Owners
Old 05-29-2014, 06:35 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There is a vibralock fuel line fitting at the rear of the passenger side head that can decay and leak profusely. vibralock compression sleeves/orings are cheap, but that fitting is very hard to get access to. The line itself also has a bracket in the valley that tends to vibrate and wear into the fuel line. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.