Help!! 6.0 Is Starving For Power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 08:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help!! 6.0 Is Starving For Power

I recently bought a 2003 F450 4x4 6.0 diesel dump truck for my business, it has around 101k miles on it, it was put in a ditch last winter and had some right front damage but seemed to run ok, now that I have it put together it has 2 issues, the first is that after running and driving for a few miles, it will act like its choking out and loses power. I changed the air filter which looked plugged badly, but it still does it, any ideas?

My second issue is the serpentine belt that runs the P.T.O. will start smoking down by the crank pulley, I just snapped a new belt. I've checked the idler and tensioner pulleys as well as the alignment of the pulleys, nothing seems wrong. I don't seem to have any issues with the main belt that runs the alternator and A/C and stuff, just the one that was added on by the company that installed the dump.

I really appreciate any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2014, 06:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Any ideas?
Old 05-01-2014, 07:31 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Welcome:

For diag a 6.0 you need a monitor and to post some stats.... FICM, ICM, Fuel Press, Charging system, CEL codes, ect.
You can also check out the problem forum, I dont know how familiar you are with the 6.0 but there is some good info out there from others who had issues (6.0L Problems Forum - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum)

Second, if you are smoking belts and its been in the ditch there is likely an alignment issue or a damaged pulley
Old 05-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I did both fuel filters and it still runs the same, no power and it seems like it's being choked out or something. I did notice a broken off vacuum hose on the passenger inner fender that goes to a black plastic ball. I don't know much about diesels, gas engines I know a lot about. I really need the truck for work, if I knew of a good diesel mechanic around me I'd just take itthere, but there are none that I'm aware of except for the Ford dealer which is a joke.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

it seems like the fuel pressure maybe dropping...or turbo sticking or bap map,air mass.the truck will start and idle fine.but when you drive down the road you start losing power correct.

caint help you with the belt....never had that problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.